Home & Herbal Remedies for Back Pain
Backache, is one of the most common conditions with persistent pain. The pain can be mild, irritating in many ailments like leucorrhea and can be severe in sciatica or slipped disc. The problem can cause difficulty in bending forward and also on sideways. Feeling as if entire area is sore and sensitive to even slight touch.
- Herbs like Chanderprabha Vati, Kaishore Guggul are useful herbal remedies for backache due to leucorrhea and other gynaecological problems.
- If you have chrnonic back pain, keep yourself warm and eat hot items.
- Include herbs like Turmeric, Tulsi, Ginger and Garlic in your daily diet.
- Boil ten tulsi leaves in one cup of water until the syrup is reduced to half a cup. Add salt to it after cooling. Take this mixture daily. For severe backache, take it twice a day.
- Make a decoction of garlic, onion, ginger, turmeric in 100 ml water. Mix 100 ml Mustard Oil into it. Heat it and massage it in the back. It is most effective among herbal remedies for back pain.
- Kaishore guggul is very helpful among many herbal remedies for backache. Take two tablets thrice daily to get rid of backache, after meals.
- You could take a mixture of five black pepper corns, five cloves and one-gram dry ginger powder, 5 gram fenugreek powder and 5 gram Turmeric and consume at least twice a day.
- Include in diet tomato, carrot, cabbage, cucumber, lettuce, and at least two lightly cooked vegetables such as cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, carrot, fruits.
- While sleeping, sleep on a firm mattress. Avoid sleeping face down.
- Do the exercises daily, 10-20 times each. Increase the number of times as your strength increases. Do not do exercise in acute and severe backache. Just take rest.
- Avoid constipation. Constipation can also cause backache
What is Back Pain ?
An article on Back Pain by Dr. Vikram Chauhan - MD (Ayurveda)
The most common problem a physician comes across in his clinic is back pain. Backache is one of the commonest of all the complaints. The backache can be mild dull ache to a severe exruciating back pain radiating to legs because of sciatica and may cause someone to take complete bed rest and restrict range of movement of back. Here are some of the causes of back pain.
Causes of Back Pain
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease causing destruction of synovial membrane, synovial fluid and formation of osteophytes i.e. bony fragments which rub against the bones and cartilages within and around the joint. The joint space is impossibly reduced in severe cases causing extensive reduction in range of movement. Osteoarthritis generally affects the knee joints and vertebral column of the females as low estrogen levels cause extensive joint erosion and calcium depletion (osteoporosis)after menopause. The knee joint is no more able to bear the weight of the entire body and ultimately the joint space is reduced. Loosing some weight is the key to treat osteoarthritis is obese patients. Quadriceps muscles (thigh) muscle strengthening exercises are recommended to increase the joint support. Nutrition plays a very important role in all the degenerative diseases like osteoarthritis. Natural calcium and vitamins like Aloe vera juice is recommended along with other herbs for osteoarthritis. Long distance walk, climbing of stairs, squating, sitting on knees is forbidden in cases of osteoarthritis. Massage with anti-inflammatory oils is recommended.
It is a condition in which the sciatic nerve is pressed upon by the protruding disc,which can prolapse out of the intervertebral space due to injury or pull. The disc can also bulge out of the intervertebral space because of the prolonged wrong posture and degenerative osteoarthritis causing severe back pain radiating towards back of the legs upto to the feet sometimes. It is a condition in which the back pain is so severe that a person feels comfortable after strong muscle relaxants, pain killers and other drugs. Herbal remedies for such back pain are Joint Aid Plus, kaishore gugul, stress support and ashwagandha powder helps a lot in this condition.These herbs are available at our website.
2. Rheumatoid Back Pain
Rheumatoid Back Pain is a chronic disease that causes pain, stiffness, swelling, and decreased range of motion and function of multiple joints. Rheumatism is caused by fault in our immune system. Although it is a disease of the joints but other body parts also get affected as they also become inflammed. The stiffness of joints in rheumatoid arthritis starts early morning and slowly gets reduced as the day passes. Morning stiffness is an important diagnositic hint for rheumatoid arthritis even if the RA factor is negative. For example, osteoarthritis does not generally cause prolonged morning stiffness. This disease affects smaller joints more rather than big joints. Bigger joints are involved in severe cases and the patient may become bed ridden. The back pain in rheumatoid arthritis is very severe can also cripple someone becauses of its severe form. Such backache can be helped by Kaishore guggul, Aamvatantak Churna, Stress Support, Ashwagandha, Punarnava mandoor, Yograj guggul etc. All these herbs are also available at our website. Other symptoms that may accompany rheumatoid arhritis with painful stiff joints are-Anemia, loss of energy, loss of appetite, low-grade fevers. Sometimes there is an associated condition known as Sjogren's syndroe which results in dry eyes and dry mouth.
3. Back pain due to Constipation
Sometimes constipation may also cause mild backache, which can be on and off in nature. It is relieved as the contipation is relieved.
4. Back Pain due to pelvic conditions
Some conditions such as inflammation in the pelvic organs like uterus, ovaries, urinary bladder, kidneyes, ureteric stones, prostate, recutm diseases can also cause backache. Herbs like Kumari Saar, Punarnava Mandoor, Chanderprabha vati etc. help a lot in such conditions.
5. Ankylosing spondylitis
Ankylosing spondylitis is among many other diseases which comprise the group of rheumatic diseases. This is also caused by some fault in our immune system. A specific Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) tissue type called HLA-B27 occurs in about 90% of individuals with ankylosing spondylitis.The disease affects the vertebral column in large and causes widespread destruction of most of the intervertebral as well as hip joints, resulting in marked stiffness and decreased range of movement. There are some useful herbal remedies for ankylosing spondylitis like aam-vatantak churna, capsules Back Pain support, Yograj Guggul and Kaishire Guggul tablets. Kumari Saar (Aloe vera juice) should be consumed regularly to improve overall outcome of this natural treatment of ankylosing spondylitis. All these herbal remedies for backpain due to ankylosing spondylitis are available at our website.
HERBAL REMEDY FOR BACK PAIN
There are many herbs which are described in Ayurveda for Back Pain. These herbs are useful in all types of backache. The back pain can be due to osteo arthrits, rheumatoid arthritis and other forms of inflammatory joint conditions, inflammatory pelvic conditions, stress and strain on back muscles, sciatica and many others. The herbal remedies explained here act at different levels in differenet conditions. Some of them reduce the pain, some reduce inflammation while herbs like Giloy (Tinospora and Ashwagandha ) are helpful in autoimmune disorders like Ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis. Mild backache can be cured by consuming herbs like turmeric boiled in milk consumed for 10 -15 days.
Joint Aid Plus
Joint Aid Plus is a blend of unique herbs described in Ayurveda as best anti-inflammatory herbs. These rare herbs are nature's answer to moderate to severe forms of inflammation, swelling and pain. Joint Aid Plus contains extracts of Nirgundi, Shallaki, Guggul, Ginger, Giloy and Ashwagandha. These herbs act together in a synergistic manner and control acute and chronic inflammatory reactions.
Herbs in Joint Aid Plus
Joint Aid Plus is purely a herbal formulation without any chemicals added into it. The ingredients are frequently used in Ayurvedic system of medicine since 5,000 B.C. without any side effects.
Ingredients of Joint Aid Plus
|Sr. No.||Ingredient Name||Botanical Name||Quantity|
|1.||Nirgundi||Vitex negundo||100 mg|
|2.||Shallaki||Boswellia serrata||150 mg|
|3.||Guggul||Commiphora mukul||150 mg|
|4.||Sonth||Zingiber officinale||50 mg|
|5.||Ashwagandha||Withania somnifera||50 mg|
1. Nirgundi (Vitex negundo)
Vitex negundo is described in Ayurveda as one of the most potent natural anti-arthritic herbs. It is very effective in controlling pain and inflammation particularly in backache and sciatica patients.
2. Shallaki (Boswellia Serrata)
Boswellia serrata is a very popular natural anti-inflammatory herb used by Ayurveda physicians all over the world. It is commonly known in India as ‘Salai Guggul'. The resin obtained from the tree is purified and then used for pain and inflammation.It relieves bachache naturally without causing any side effects.
3. Guggul (Commiphora mukul)
Commiphora mukul is a known anti-inflammatory agent used by Ayurveda physicians worldwide. The analgesic and anti-inflammatory action is almost immediate. Guggul is also used in weight loss formulas and is effective in reducing weight, thus helping osteoarthritis patients directly and indirectly. It also reduces blood cholesterol levels.
4. Sonth (Zingiber officinale)
It is commonly known as dry ginger. Dry Ginger is another useful anti-inflammatory herb. It also improves appetite and good for digestive and respiratory system. Dry ginger remarkably reduce markers of inflammation in the blood and is a very potent analgesic.
5. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
Ashwagandha is popularly known as Indian ginseng in the west. It has known anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and anti-stress activities. The plant steroids exert anti-inflammatory action where as another active ingredient of this herb root is Withaferin, Which act as a potent stress buster.
Where to buy Joint Aid Plus?
To buy Joint Aid Plus, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/joint-aid-plus.html
MORE HERBAL REMEDIES FOR BACK PAIN
Commiphora mukul is a very unique and powerful anti-inflammatory herb and is very effective in all types of Back Pain. Some of the tablets containing this herb are mentioned below. These herbal tablets are purely classical herbal remedies for Back Pain and are used in Ayurveda since ages. These tablets should be used in various combination in different forms of Back Pain. For back pain due to sciatica, we recommend tablet kaishore guggul, lakshadi guggul and yograj guggul with Joint Aid Plus.
1. Kaishore Guggul
These are pure herbal tablets and are can be used along with Joint Aid Plus in cases of severe acute and chronic pain in osteoarthritis. Kaishore Guggul must be used with Navkarshik Churna (herbal powder for gout) in cases of high uric acid and Gout, along with Joint Aid Plus. Back Pain caused by gynaecological inflammatory conditions also responds very well to this medicine, if used along with Kumari saar and Chanderprabha vati.
2. Yograj Guggul
These are herbal tablets are useful in chronic inflammation of joints. These can be used for long term backache herbal remedy in cases of rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.In cases of Rheumatoid arthritis; Yograj Guggul should be combined with Joint Aid Plus and Aamvatantak Churna.Curcumin (Turmeric- curcuma longa) is a very useful herb for ankylosing spondylitis. (You can buy all these herbs for backache and arthrtis at our website)
3. Lakshadi Guggul
These are herbal tablets contain guggul and are very useful in cases of fractured bones, strains and sprains in muscles, tendons. These tablets hasten the healing in case of muscle rupture, ligament sprain. It is also very useful natural remedy for osteoarthrits.
4. Punarnava Mandoor
These herbal tablets contain Boerrhavia diffusa which reduces the inflammation remarkably. It removes excess body fluid through kidneys. It strengthens immune system and improves haemoglobin levels. It contains the natural iron. The tablets are useful in inflammatory rheumatoid arhritis which is usually associated with anemia. These tablets should be used along with aamvatantak churna, yograj guggul and syrup Kumari Saar for better results.
Where to buy these Herbal Tablets?
To buy these Herbal Tablets, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/herbal-tablets.html
Back Pain Management with Herbs and Natural Medicines
There is sometimes very painful conditions causing severe back pain. So the pain and inflammation needs to be tackled quickly. There are very common herbs for painful joint which work insantly. The herbs are very common like Dry Ginger, Turmeric (curcumin), Ashwagandha, Sallaki (Boswellia), Guggul, and Giloy (Tinospora). The extracts of these herbs are more effective in reducing the pain and inflammation and joint pains. All the above mentioned herbal medicines are useful in treating mild, moderate and severe forms of backache due to any reasons.
Home Remedies For Back Pain
- Potato Juice - The raw potato juice therapy is one of the very successful treatments for rheumatic and other arthritic conditions. It is an age old traditional remedy in many countries of the world. The whole potatoes without peeling off the skin are cut into slices and kept overnight in a large glass of cold water. The water is consumed early morning empty stomach. 1 medium sized potato is put in 1 cup of water.
- Other herb juices like that of Aloe vera juice (Kumari Saar), Celery, carrot and red beetroot juices are very useful in arthritic conditions. The alkaline nature of juices dissolves the acidic uric acid crystals and helps a lot in other forms of arthritis as well.
- Bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapple. Pineapple juice also helps in reducing the inflammation around the joints because of this enzyme.
- Copper- Drinking water from a copper pan after keeping it overnight is also very useful in Rheumatoid arthritis and Ankylosing spondylitis.
- Turmeric- 1 tablespoonful of turmeric boiled in 100 ml milk till it remains half is very useful natural treatment of Back Pain, ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis and other joint pains.
- Massage with warm coconut oil or mustard oil mixed with 2-3 pieces of camphor on stiff aching joints in different forms of arthritis and reduces inflammation and pain in the joints. Consuming castor oil at night with milk or alone is a very useful herbal remedy for Back Pain, especially rheumatoid arthritis backpain and ankylosing spondylitis backpain.
- Fenugreek - Fenugreek powder mixed with celery powder is an effective natural treatment for Back Pain of all types.
- Improve your nutrition as first step.It plays important role to fight diseases. When nothing works, nutrition works a lot !
- Use herbal juices like Aloe vera juice (Our Kumari Saar) and Amla Juice (Our Amla Saar) in routine. Amla is the richest source of natural Vitamin C. Vitamin C improves the natural immunity of the body. 100 gm of Amla juice contains 30 times more vitamin C than 100 gm of oranges.