Herbal Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Although Rheumatoid arthritis remains a serious disease but with the help of herbal remedies, this cripping disorder can be handled very effectively. The herbs for rheumatoid arthritis show their results within 10-15 days of their regular use and the improvement is remarkable. Rheumatoid Arthritis is a crippling problem leading to joint destruction, painful joints. 75 % of the victims are the middle aged women. Rheumatoid arthritis is one of the biggest problems causing massive disability. The concepts of Ayurveda are very unique in treating this dreadful disorder and many patients showed excellent improvement in their conditions after ayurvedic treatment. We are providing the latest as well as the most ancient authentic inormation on Rheumatoid arthritis including the natural treatment options available for patients. We have also included herbal home remedies for Rheumatoid arthritis at our site.
What is Rheumatoid arthritis ?
An article on Rheumatoid Arthritis by Dr. Vikram Chauhan - MD (Ayurveda)
Rheumatoid Arthritis is one of the leading cause of disability for many. It affects mainly middle aged women, who complain generally of early morning stiffness, pain and swelling in their smaller joints of fingers and writs joints. The stiffness can sometimes felt in the whole body and goes away slowly as the sun goes up later in the afternoon. These kind of symptoms are seen in very mild and initial stages of rheumatism. Later on the pain and swelling becomes persistant and starts to cripple the smaller as well as bigger joints.The joints gets eroded and there is significant destruction of the joints in serious cases. Sometimes the problem can arise acutely involving all the joints simultaenously particularly in young patients. This is called juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
Pain management with herbs in Rheumatoid Arthritis
There is sometimes very painful condition in arthritis. So the pain and inflammation needs to be tackled quickly. There are very common herbs for painful joint which work insantly. The herbs are very common like Dry Ginger, Turmeric (curcumin), Ashwagandha, Sallaki (Boswellia), Guggul, and Giloy (Tinospora). The extracts of these herbs are more effective in reducing the pain and inflammation of all types of arthritis and joint pains.
Causes and Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis' is often called the 'cooked food disease'. Rheumatoid arthritis most common type of arthritis caused by malfunctioning immune system. It usually develops gradually over several months, with persistent pain and stiffness in one or more joints. Ultimately the whole body is affected. Symptoms include anaemia, colitis, constipation, deformed hands and feet.
Rheumatoid arthritis is due to an inflammation of the synovium or lining of the joints. This is accompanied by swelling and eventually leads to deformity. The condition may be caused by hormonal imbalance, physical and emotional stress, infection, severe fright, shock, and injury. Hereditary factors may also be responsible for the onset of this disease.
Herbs for Rheumatoid Arthritis
There are many herbs which are described in Ayurveda for arthritis. These herbs are useful in all types of arthritis like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and other forms of inflammatory joint conditions. Some of them reduce the pain, some reduce inflammation while herbs like Giloy (Tinospora and Ashwagandha) are helpful in autoimmune disorders as well.
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo): Vitex negundo is described in Ayurveda as one of the most potent natural anti-arthritic herbs. It is very effective in controlling pain and inflammation particularly in arthritis and sciatica patients.
- Shallaki (Boswellia serrata): Boswellia serrata is a very popular natural anti-inflammatory herb used by Ayurveda physicians all over the world. It is commonly known in India as 'Salai Guggul'. The resin obtained from the tree is purified and then used for pain and inflammation.It relieves arthritis pain naturally without causing any side effects.
- Guggul (Commiphora mukul): Commiphora mukul is a known anti-inflammatory agent used by Ayurveda physicians worldwide. The analgesic and anti-inflammatory action is almost immediate. Guggul is also used in weight loss formulas and is effective in reducing weight, thus helping osteoarthritis patients directly and indirectly. It also reduces blood cholesterol levels.
- Sonth (Zingiber officinale): It is commonly known as dry ginger. Dry Ginger is another useful anti-inflammatory herb. It also improves appetite and good for digestive and respiratory system. Dry ginger remarkably reduce markers of inflammation in the blood and is a very potent analgesic.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): Ashwagandha is popularly known as Indian ginseng in the west. It has known anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and anti-stress activities. The plant steroids exert anti-inflammatory action where as another active ingredient of this herb root is Withaferin, Which act as a potent stress buster.
Herbal Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Bone Support Capsules - 2 Capsules twice daily
- Coral Calcium Complex- 1 Capsule twice daily
- Joint Aid Plus - 2 Capsules twice daily
- Curcumin Capsules - 2 Capsules twice daily
1. Bone Support Capsules
Bone support capsule has natural calcium extracts obtained from the natural, herbal sources of calcium. Each capsule contains standardized extract of herbs like asthishrinkhala (Cissus quadrangularis), Shudh Laksha (Laccifera lacca), Sahijan (Moringa oleifera), Arjun (Terminalia arjuna) and mineral source, Praval pishti (Corallium rubrum).
These extracts stimulate increased absorption of calcium from the blood into the body. The hormonal control that helps in calcium absorption in the body is also influenced by regular use of this capsule.
In case of osteoarthritis, Capsule bone support can be taken as a great health supplement to support joint mobility and minimize loss of synovial fluid which leads to swelling and inflammation at the site of joint.
2. Coral Calcium Complex
Coral calcium capsule from the house of Planet Ayurveda is a combination of natural plant and vegetable extracts that effectively help in sustained and efficient calcium absorption by the body.
the body. These capsules are purely vegetarian and made from the best quality and purified coral and plant extracts which are rich in many minerals such as Phosphorus, Magnesium, Silica, Vitamin D etc.
All these minerals together help to support healthy bones and joint support in the body. In patients of osteoarthritis, these capsules help in maintaining bone density thereby reducing bone fragility. It also helps to diminish chances of bone fractures that occur due to reduced bone mass in old age.
The ingredients of coral calcium complex are as follows:-
- Praval pishti
- Akik pishti
- Jwar mohra pishti
- Kamdudha rasa
- Mukta pishti
- Giloy satva.
3. Joint aid plus
Capsule Joint aid plus contains standardized extract of Nirgundi (Vitex negundo), Guggul (Commiphora mukul), Shallaki (Boswellia serrate), Ardarak (Zingiber officianale), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) and Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera).
These capsules help in dealing with all kinds of joint conditions that cause any kind of skeletal problem in the body. Regular use of this product helps in the maintenance of joint flexibility and lubrication so as to minimize wear and tear in patients of osteoarthritis.
Besides this, the capsules act as a great source of dietary nutrition for the bones and joints in the body
4. Curcumin Capsules
Curcumin is the main active chemical present in Turmeirc which is responsible for the remarkable medicinal properties exhibited by turmeric. Curcumin is a very potent anti – inflammatory agent that helps relieve any kind of inflammation in the body.
It suppresses the immune response that is involved in the development of inflammatory symptoms in the body. Planet Ayurveda's Curcumin capsule contains standardized extract of 95%curcuminoids present in Turmeric. These extracts give the best results, therefore it is always good to go for 95% curcuminoid content while purchasing any Turmeric supplement.
Planet Ayurveda's Curcumin 95 % capsule is a very versatile herbal supplement that has great rejuvenating properties and is very helpful in managing senile disorders like osteoarthritis.
Where to buy Joint Support Pack?
To buy Joint Support Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/joint-support-pack.html
Other Herbal remedies for Arthritis
There are so many other useful herbal remedies for arthritis which give excellent results in joint pains and inflammation. Various herbal remedies are used in various forms of arthritis.
Commiphora mukul is a very unique and powerful anti-inflammatory herb and is very effective in all types of arthritis. Some of the tablets containing this herb are mentioned below. These herbal tablets are purely classical herbal remedies for arthritis and are used in Ayurveda since ages.
- Kaishore Guggul: These are pure herbal tablets and are can be used along with Joint Aid plus in cases of severe acute and chronic pain in osteoarthritis. Kaishore Guggul must be used with Navkarshik Churna (herbal powder for gout) in cases of high uric acid and Gout, along with Joint Aid plus . Psoriatic arthritis also responds very well to this combination of these 3 herbal formulations.
- Yograj Guggul: These are herbal tablets useful in chronic inflammation of joints. These can be used for long term arthriits herbal remedy in cases of rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.In cases of Rheumatoid arthritis Yograj Guggul should be combined with Joint Aid plus and Aamvatantak Churna.Curcumin (Turmeric- curcuma longa) is a very useful herb for ankylosing spondylitis.
- Lakshadi Guggul: These are herbal tablets contain guggul and are very useful in cases of fractured bones, strains and sprains in muscles, tendons. These tablets hasten the healing in case of muscle rupture, ligament sprain. It is also very useful natural remedy for osteoarthrits.
- Punarnava Mandoor: These herbal tablets contain Boerrhavia diffusa which reduces the inflammation remarkably. It removes excess body fluid through kidneys. It strengthens immune system and improves haemoglobin levels. It contains the natural iron. The tablets are useful in inflammatory rheumatoid arhritis which is usually associated with anemia. These tablets should be used along with aamvatantak churna, yograj guggul and syrup Kumari Saar (Kumari saar is our pure aloe vera juice)
Where to buy these herbal tablets?
To buy these herbal tablets, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/herbal-tablets.html