Ayurvedic Treatment for Acne
Acne is a skin condition which involves appearance of inflamed papules on facial skin, shoulders and sometimes back.
Acne also known as acne vulgaris may manifest in various forms like mild to moderate black heads, white heads, and pimples and in severe cases, inflamed, red big cystic nodules as well.
Usually, white heads and black heads which are milder forms of acne do not need a necessary medical intervention and just need to be managed with proper skin care routine.
The other sever forms of acne which get infected with bacteria like Propionibacterium acnes become very problematic and need medical attention. 3 out of every ten people with acne suffer from severe problems and the condition needs to be properly managed to prevent scarring of skin permanently.
Acne is usually worse in males than in females and is more prominent in dark skinned people than in lighter ones. It is a big cosmetic concern for people and needs proper skin care regimen to hasten its slow cure rate.
Age group usually affected
Acne usually affects people in the age group of 12 to 25 years. This is the time for puberty in both males and females and a big shuffling of the hormonal balance is one of the prime reasons of the development of acne at this age.
Acne may also occur in people older than 25 years of age due to many reasons but the possibility is very less.
Symptoms of Acne
Acne may occur in various forms like white heads, black heads, cysts, nodules etc.
They occur usually in the form of white papules with no superficial opening. They can be alternatively called as closed comedones caused by the clogging of pores on the skin surface with dirt and excessive sebum secretion.
They are usually mild. Most people having acne problems generally have this initial stage of acne only which seldom progresses to painful, nodular cysts having bacterial infections.
Black head is an open comedo. A comedo is an inflamed bulb of the hair follicle with sebum and skin debris trapped inside, it may or may not be infected.
While white heads are closed comedomes, black heads have an opening which appears black due to the accumulation of dead skin cells or debris, bacteria and oils.
Rare causes of acne
Many rare causes of acne include hormonal imbalances like in case of poly cystic ovarian disease in women. Sometimes, there is an over secretion of the male hormones such as testosterone and DHEAs, which results in the appearance of acne over face, chest and back.
Things to avoid if you have acne
With acne, there are many things and habits which may aggravate a mild acne problem, these include:-
- Oily, greasy make - up, which may clog pores and lead to skin infections.
- A few hormonal contraceptive pills may unnecessarily aggravate the problem.
- Picking and squeezing of the acne spots. It may aggravate inflammation and cause permanent scar marks.
- Wearing tight clothes like head bands, caps and tight undergarments. This again may causes undue accumulation of sebum and acne formation.
- Medicines containing phenytoin and steroids are known to aggravate and even precipitate acne sometimes.
- Many believe that acne could be a result of over consumption of sugar and milk products. While it is not a proven fact yet, but it's definitely worth a try merely for the sake of good health.
Some good habits to be adapted in acne prone people
- Wash face only once to twice a day and not more. It is worthless to wash your face again and again as it may not hasten acne healing but it definitely will cause unnecessary skin irritation and dryness.
- Prefer antiseptic facial washes
- Use a water based - moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated and free from excess oil secretion.
Herbal Remedies for Acne
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Skin Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of acne. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda.
Dosage / Usage
- Aloe Vitals – 2 capsules, twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Radiant skin hair nail formula - 2 tab twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Neem Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Kumkumadi oil - Take 3 – 5 ml of the oil and massage over the affected area of the skin. In case of oily skin, kumkumadi oil can be avoided, but other supplements are safe for all skin types.
1. Aloe vitals capsules
Aloe vera (Aloe barbedensis) is another great herb to manage any skin problem. Planet ayurveda's aloe vitals capsules are prepared from pure extracts of this herb. The product is the best one for eczema. It keeps the skin hydrating and gives proper nourishment. It is helpful in alleviating redness and dry skin patches. It maintains the glow of the skin. The product is rich in vitamin C and E that is in turn required to maintain the healthy skin. It stimulates the development of skin cells. The product, in short, is the great one to take care of the overall skin health.
2. Radiant skin hair nail formula
In skin problems such as psoriasis, hair growth of the skin and nail growth gets also affected. Hence, here is another product- Radiant skin hair nail formula capsules by Planet Ayurveda. The product not only give positive results to the skin, but also improves the growth of hair and nails as well.
The product is made using the combination of skin beneficial herbs such as Bhumiamla (Phyllanthus niruri), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) and Yashtimadhu (Glycerrhaza glabra).
Being packed with such nutritional herbs, the product will give proper nutrition and nourishment to the skin and will cover all kinds of skin problems.
3. Neem capsules
Neem (Azadirachta indica) is an age old remedy for skin disorders. The herb is known to improve the beauty of the skin. Being rich in medicinal properties such as anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties that makes the herb a perfect choice to get relief from skin problems.
Neem capsules from our house are made using the pure and standardized extract of Neem herb. The product acts as a natural blood purifier and helps in the removal of excess of toxins from the body. Being packed with the anti-oxidant herb, it is a great way to give proper nourishment to the skin. It is even helpful in removing excess of oil from the skin and improves the oily skin as well. The product is suitable for all kinds of skin and will help in improving the symptoms of all skin problems.
4. Kumkumadi oil
This is a herbal oil that is packed with some wonderful herbs that are beneficial for the skin. Massaging with this oil will improves the texture of the skin and maintains the skin young and healthy enough.
Where to buy Skin Care Pack?
To buy Skin Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/skin-care-pack.html