AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF VAGINAL INFECTIONS
COMMON VAGINAL INFECTIONS
Leucorrhoea is a term given to any kind of white, yellow or curdy discharge from the vagina or cervix in females. It is a common symptom that concerns almost every female once or more in a lifetime.
Its consistency may also vary from person to person and from time to time. It is however important to note that it may not always be due to some underlying pathology. Like in the case of pre pubertal females, appearance of white discharge from the vagina may simply indicate approaching puberty and result only from an underlying inflammatory condition.
In such cases, the discharge is mostly sterile and is physiological and may subside after the first period or it may worsen if it gets infected.
Similarly, physiological leucorrhoea also occurs in case of pregnancy or at the time of ovulation every month. If we talk about pathological conditions of the female reproductive system, Leucorrhoea is a prime feature in almost all kinds of pathologies afflicting the reproductive tract of a female. The consistency, color, smell and amount of discharge may vary according to the disease. Sometimes, it may be stained with blood as well.
LEUCORRHEA IN AYURVEDA SHVETA PRADARA
Ayurveda is an age old system of medicine which believes in maintaining wholesome health.
Leucorrhoea can be compared to SHVETA PRADARA in Ayurveda. It develops due to the vitiation of Kapha dosha (Phlegm) and Rasa dhatu (Lymph). As a result, the water element present in kapha dosha and rasa dhatu is vitiated which leads to excessive secretions from the vagina.
2. BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS
It is known as a condition in which the normal bacterial flora of the vagina, which keeps it healthy, is disrupted and is replaced by unhealthy bacterial growth and cause inflammation in the vagina called as vaginitis.
It may occur due to various reasons such as improper hygiene of the genitals, abortion and improper lifestyle.
It is not transferred sexually hence, it is not a sexually transmitted disease. Incidentally, BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS lies undetected and does not cause any sort of symptoms in 50 % of women.
Active treatment may not be required in such cases. In symptomatic patients however, treatment becomes necessary.
- Thick, foul smelling discharge from the vagina which may be greyish or whitish in color. The odor may be referred to as fishy sometimes. Its consistency is variable.
- Back ache
- Rashes in perineal region due to continuous wetness.
- Irritability in behavior due to continuous discomfort.
- Pain after performing sexual activity.
- Foul smelling white discharge may be seen coming out of the vagina.
- Wetness in and around the vulva.
- Measuring pH of vagina which would be alkaline. The normal vaginal pH is 3.5 to 4.5 which is slightly acidic.
- Vaginal swab culture shows presence of bacteria.
3. CANDIDIASIS/ YEAST INFECTION
It is the inflammation of vagina due to yeast infection.
Yeast lives symbiotically in the vaginal flora of approximately 25 % women. It causes a pathology when the natural flora is disrupted due to overgrowth or it gets diminished when the patient is on heavy antibiotics.
It may also occur in immuno- compromised individuals, pregnancy, diabetes and use of oral contraceptive pills.
Yeast infection like BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS is also not a sexually transmitted disease as yeast is normally present in the vaginal flora of 20-30% of the females without causing any pathology. It occurs in sexually inactive females also.
CANDIDA ALBICANS is the name of the yeast that inhabits vaginal flora in majority, its growth is kept under control by the lactobacilli found in the vagina which is another mutual partner in the vaginal flora.
Candida albicans is the cause of 90% of yeast infections in females.
- Burning, redness and itching sensation in the vagina and vulva, which aggravate at night.
- Thick curdy white, foul smelling white discharge from the vagina.
- Vaginal tenderness
- Rashes in and around vulva.
- Mood swings, irritability due to continuous wetness.
- Painful or burning micturition.
- Vagina appears red with deposits of white, curdy flakes which if removed start bleeding.
- Continuous white discharge from the vagina which may be curdy and foul smelling.
Vaginal swab culture is confirmatory.
- Use cotton garments, especially undergarments.
- Wear clean clothes and change them frequently if you sweat too much.
- Avoid deodorants and scented soaps and perfumes. These may disrupt the vaginal pH and may land you with a yeast infection.
- Take one banana everyday along with milk and honey in case of vaginal discharge.
- Clean the perineum properly after using the toilet.
- Keep the undergarment areas completely dry and free from moisture. Prolonged wetness in these parts creates perfect ground for various microbial infections.
- Avoid skin fit leg wears, as they can cause moisture build up in the crotch area.
- Prefer wearing loose clothes for sleeping.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR VAGINAL INFECTIONS
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as BV Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of vaginal infections. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
Dosage / Usage
- Neem Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily with plain water.
- Pradrantak Churna - 1 teaspoon twice daily with plain water.
- Nirgundi Oil - For external application.
- Gandhak Rasayan - 2 tablets twice daily with plain water.
1. Neem Capsules
Neem capsules act as antioxidant and immunizer worldwide. The capsules are anti-allergic and help in dealing with various skin problems. Neem capsules further removes complications related to diseases like hypertension, wounds, urinary tract infections and asthma. Neem has got a special place in skin disorders and all kinds of infections. Regular consumption of neem capsules helsp to deal with inflammation and excessive discharge in bacterial vaginosis. This provides you stamina to stand with symptoms and also take care to eliminate them successfully.
2. Pradrantak churna
It is blend of various medicinal herbs which helps in treating leucorrhoea, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and ovarian cysts. As name suggests, pradarantak churna helps to block excessive white discharge from the vagina. It again fights with local itching, inflammation and pain. This amazing herbal blend reduces the growth of bacteria in local area that causes disease to develop.
3. Nirgundi Oil
This is an excellent medicine to care the common reproductive problems like menopause, menstrual difficulties and menorrhea. Nirgundi herb is packed with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties therefore help to reduce inflammation and pain in the same condition.
4. Gandhak Rasayan
It helps in rejuvenating the diseased state. The major ingredient present in this medicine is Shuddh Gandhak (Sulphur purified). Sulphur helps in adding moisture to the body by collecting it from the environment. It helps in the formation of new in place of the eroded skin.This medicine further helps in treating various inflammation of the body and improves the digestive system.
Where to buy BV Care Pack?
To buy BV Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/bacterial-vaginosis-care-pack.html.