Interstitial Lung Disease
Interstitial lung disease is defined as the lung disorder, which affects the space and the tissues around the alveoli and the air sacs of the lungs. This space is also known as the interstitium. This disease is also known as the diffuse parenchymal lung disease (DPLD). The Interstitial lung disease is also abbreviated as the ILD. This is a progressive disorder. It leads to scarring and inflammation of the lung tissues.
ILD affects the following areas of the lungs:-
- Alveolar epithelium
- Basement membrane
- Endothelium of pulmonary capillary
- Perilymphatic and perivascular tissues
Various Categories of Interstitial Lung Disease:-
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis - This is a type of interstitial lung disease, which is progressive in form and is highly chronic in nature. The causes of the idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis are yet to be known. The interstitium is mainly affected in this case.
- Interstitial pneumonia - When the interstitium is affected by the microorganisms, it results in interstitial pneumonia. Mycoplasma pneumonia is the major bacterium, which causes this disorder. Other, microorganisms like bacteria, fungi and viruses also lead to the occurrence of this disorder.
- Cryptogenic organizing pneumonia (COP) - In this type of disorder, an infection is absent. However, it is also an interstitial lung disease with the characteristics of pneumonia. This disorder is also known as the bronchiolitis obliterans with organizing pneumonia (BOOP).
- Nonspecific interstitial pneumonitis - This type of interstitial lung disease is caused due to the auto immune conditions like scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis and many others.
- Sarcoidosis - This type of interstitial lung disease is characterized by inflamed lymph nodes involving the skin, nerve, heart and the eye. This condition is an acute condition and may be severe as well.
- Asbestosis - Due to exposure to asbestos, people often face this type of interstitial lung disease. This is known as the asbestosis.
- Acute interstitial pneumonitis - This type of interstitial lung disease is a sudden condition and results in highly severe complications. It may require life support as well.
Some other categories of interstitial lung diseases are Hypersensitivity pneumonitis and Desquamative interstitial pneumonitis.
Thus, this disorder is highly severe and dangerous. The major causes of this disorder are given below.
Major Causes of Interstitial Lung Disease
Several microorganisms lead to the occurrence of the Interstitial Lung disease. Bacteria, fungi and viruses result in causing this respiratory ailment to a huge extent.
Certain Causes of ILD are given below:-
- Inflammation of lung due to the exposure to various micro organisms.
- Disorder due to the exposure to irritants inhaled at the workplace for a long duration of time. These irritants are silica dust, asbestos, talc, grain dust, coal dust and bird proteins.
- Auto immune disorder like rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, and lupus also result in the occurrence of these chronic interstitial lung diseases.
- Also, exposure to certain drugs like amiodarone, nitrofurantoin, sulfonamides, methotrexate, etanercept, gold, infliximab and several others give rise to ILD.
- Radiation treatment of chest also results in Interstitial Lung Disease.
- Excessive smoking also is a cause sometimes for the Interstitial Lung Disease.
- Heredity and genetics also play a tremendous role for individuals facing ILD.
- Inhalation of a large quantity of oxygen often results in complication leading to this disorder.
- Age is indeed another important factor here. Though, children also face this disorder, yet, the number of adults above the age of 50 years facing the complication is comparatively higher that the children.
Common Symptoms of Interstitial Lung Disease
This disorder is characterized by the following signs and symptoms.
- Breath shortness
- Nonproductive and dry cough
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Discoloration of the finger nails
- Joint pain
- Enlarged base of the finger nails
- Blue coloration of lips, fingers, skin. This is because of the low concentration of oxygen in the body
- Muscular ache
- Chest pain
- Chronic mucus production
- Some individuals also lead to the failure of heart and a high blood pressure in the lungs
Complications of Interstitial Lung Disease
The interstitial lung disease may result in a lot of complications. This situation is quite dangerous with a risk of life. The Interstitial Lung Disease leads to the development of the interstitium or the tissues around the air sacs in the lungs. These thicken, which eventually leads to the formation of the scars. This makes it highly difficult for the oxygen to reach each and every cell of the body and the blood stream. Also this may result in blood clotting. People develop the risk of cancer, especially lung cancer. The lungs tend to lose the elasticity. This disorder is also highly life threatening. If the situation worsens, this situation can eventually lead to death. Apart from these, the lung disorder also may lead to the pleural effusions and pleural plaques considerably.
To prevent such a huge complication involving the Interstitial Lung disease, there are certain tips, which should be followed. These tips are given below.
Tips to be followed to prevent Interstitial Lung Diseases
- People, showing the symptoms of ILD must prohibit smoking completely. This is because; this condition worsens the situation to a huge extent.
- Also, people facing problems due to the exposure of the harmful irritants must prevent the exposure by taking certain preventive measures and actions properly.
- Patients must carry out exercise on a regular basis. This helps to get away with the various sign s and symptoms of this ailment to a certain extent.
- The individuals must take in food products, which are highly rich in essential minerals and vitamins. Also, patients must avoid junk, processed and spicy food as much as possible. It is highly suggested to follow a proper and healthy lifestyle in order to get r id of these conditions.
- To diagnose such situation, a number of processes are available. These are Chest X-rays, pulmonary function tests, CT scans, HRCT scan, bronchoscopy, surgical biopsy and many more.
- Thus, these are some of the ways to detect the problem along with the couple of symptoms. It is essential that individuals are aware of the various causes and the different ways to prevent the occurrence of this complicated complication to a huge extent.
Ayurvedic Treatment of ILD
Ayurveda being boon to mankind has a lot to give and it has provided wonderful herbs for lungs problem also. Haridra, Sirish, Kanthkari, Vasa, Anantmool, Twak, Bharangi, Yastimadhu, Neem, Ashwagandha are some of excellent herbs for the same. Planet Ayurveda is a leading herbal company which manufacture herbal medicines of best quality and standardized extracts.
Dr. Vikram Chauhan prescribes following formula along with some other beneficial herbal remedies which are made after his own practical experience in his clinical practice and also discussion with many experienced Ayurvedic doctors.
Thus, Planet Ayurveda’s Ayurvedic treatment for ILD
1. Make 60 Sachets, Consume 1 Sachet twice daily, mixed with Madhu - Vaani Avaleha - 1 to 2 teaspoonfuls
- Swarn Bhasma - 1 gm
- Shwas Kas Chintamani ras - 2 gm
- Godanti Bhasma - 10 gm
- Abhrak Bhasma - 10 gm
- Shwas Kuthar Ras - 5 gm
- Kaf Kuthar Ras - 5 gm
- Kaf Ketu Ras - 5 gm
- Swran Sameer Pannag Ras - 2 gm
- Swarn basant Malti Ras - 2 gm
- Praval Bhasma - 10 gm
- Praval Panchamrit ras - 10 gm
- Somyog or Somlata Churna - 20 gm
- Yashad Bhasma - 5 gm
2. Vasaka Capsules
2 twice daily (2 Bottles for 1 month)
3. Tulsi Capsules
2 twice daily (2 Bottles for 1 month )
4. Curcumin Capsules
2 twice daily (2 Bottles for 1 month)
5. Agastya Haritaki Avaleha - (Herbal Jam)
1 tsp. twice daily, after meals - (3 Jars for 1 month dosage)
6. Aller - G Care
2 twice daily (2 Bottles for 1 month)
Where to buy these Ayurvedic Medicines?
The above given some herbal remedies you can buy from our online store store.planetayurveda.com/products.html and some herbal remedies you have to buy offline. For buying these herbal remedies offline, you have to mail us on this mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.