CHITRAK (CHITRAKA) - MEDICINAL PROPERTIES, INDICATIONS & USES
In this fast paced world every third person is suffering from Indigestion (when the food remains undigested or is not digested properly), which is the root cause for all the ailments to take place. Indigestion or Upset Stomach or also called as Dyspepsia is a condition which describes abdominal discomfort. It is not a disease but a group of symptoms that include, lack of appetite, nausea, abdominal gas, constipation, abdominal gas, heart burn, belching etc. For sudden relief people are using antacids and so many allopathic medicines which is not a permanent care and have more chances for reoccurring of same symptoms again and again.
But if we talk about Ayurveda, Science of life - This undigested food is termed as AMA (Endotoxins) that is formed when AGNI that is the digestive enzymes are not stimulated properly, This undigested food leads to many major Autoimmune Diseases like Rheumatoid Arthritis, Nephrotic Syndrome etc.
AMA PACHAN (Digestion of the Food) is how we can improve the indigestion, for this the wonderful drug CHITRAKA is mentioned in our Ayurvedic texts. Herbal remedies like Chitrakadi Vati, Balanced Diet and Proper Life Style have been proved really effective in the treatment of indigestion and related symptoms. Here in this article we are going to discuss about CHITRAKA, CHITRAKADI VATI - benefits and medicinal properties in detail.
- Latin Name : Plumbago zeylanica
- Family : Plumbaginaceae
- Sanskrit Name : Agni, Dahan, Anil, Chitraka
- Hindi Name : Cheeta
- English Name : Lead war
It is a plant that grows all over the year; this plant grows up to the height of 3 to 6 feet.
- Leaves : Its leaves are dark green in colour, ovate in shape, are about 2 to3 inches in length and are 1 to 1.5 inches wide.
- Flowers : Flowers are white in colour with five petals.
- Root : Its root is light brown in colour from outside and is white from inside.
Found generally in South East Asia and in Madhya Pradesh.
Ras (Taste) : Katu (Bitter)
Guna (Properties) : Laghu (light), Tikshan (Which penetrates very fast)
Viraya (Action) : Ushna (Hotness)
Vipaka (Post digestive effect) : Katu (Bitter)
Dosha : It pacifies Kapha (Cough), and Vata (Vayu) predominately , but it also acts as a Tridosh Ghan, that is the one which helps in maintain all the basic constituents of our body.
The chemical constituents Chitraka contains are as follows:
- 3 - Chloroplumbagin
- Plumbagic Acid
- Aspartic Acid
Indications and Uses
The main indication of Chitraka is in Indigestion, as it strengthens the digestion by its DIPAN and PACHAN karma (it works on the stimulation of the digestive enzymes).
As it is said "The healthy stomach is nothing, if it is not conservative ", so to make it more viable PLANET AYURVEDA introduces a unique product, which will help you to deal with all the digestive troubles in such a way that it does not reoccur.
PLANET AYURVEDA brings to you, CHITRAKADI VATI which helps in curing all the stomach related ailments like indigestion, nausea, abdominal cramps etc. This is a wonderful poly herbal classical preparation that contains Chitraka and many other effective herbs. Chitrakadi Vati helps in stimulation of digestive fire and digests Ama or toxins that are the root cause for almost all ailments. It increases Pitta and balances vata in the stomach therefore stimulates gastric juices also. Chitrakadi Vati is a wonderful medicine that enhances the digestion and clears the channels by throwing out toxins from the body. This formulation along with Chitraka also contains other beneficial herbs like Chavya, Shunti, Mirch, Ajmoda .This Vati is indicated in problems like lack of appetite, Acidic erucations, Gripping pain in the abdomen, Abdominal gas etc.
Pack Size : Per Bottles of Chitrakadi Vati contains 120 tablets.
Dosage : 2 tablets twice daily, with plain water after meals.
Side Effects : No Side effects, Can be used with other herbal Supplements, Vitamins or other herbal remedies or natural products.
Other Properties of Chitraka
- It has Anti-Microbial activities : The plant extract posses Anti Bacterial, Anti Viral, and Anti Larvicidal properties.
- It helps in strengthen the Immunity : The chemical constituent PLUMBAGIN helps in improvising the immune system of the person who consumes the plant extract.
- It has Anti-Oxidant properties : The presence of Anti Oxidant in Chitraka is more than enough to counter the effect of toxins.
- It has Anti-Inflammatory properties : Extracts of Chitraka contains anti inflammatory properties which are very useful in diseases like Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Chitraka is used in skin diseases, intake of powdered form chitraka helps in curing Leprosy. Chitraka is used in Diarrhoea.
- It is highly beneficial in Obesity as it help in flushing out toxins from the body to clear the channels.
- Chitraka is a renowned Rasayana ( The one which rejuvenates)
- Chitraka is also used as a liver tonic, as it enhances the liver metabolism.
- Plant extract of the plant even helps in lowering the cholesterol level.
- It is even helpful in healing wounds its combination along with Devdaru is used to speed up the healing process.
Advantages of Our Products
Herbal remedies by Planet Ayurveda are Purest and best Potency wise. We give our best to provide you products which are 100 percent Effective and Safe. These are available at reasonable cost and convenient to use also. People are recommended to use regularly for recommended dose for better results!!