In general, fever refers to an increase in body temperature. Normal body temperature is 98.6 F (37 C). One's normal body temperature may be 1 F more or less than 98.6 F. In general, body temperature varies throughout the day. Body temperature is lower in the morning but higher in the afternoon and in the evening. Fever is not considered significant till the body temperature reaches 100.4 F. But the fever of 104 F (40 C) or above demands special attention. The hypothalamus (area in our brain) also known as thermostat is responsible for shifting the set point of our normal body temperature upwards.
TYPES OF COMMON FEVER
There are three basic types of common fever that are listed below:
1. Bacterial Infections:
It includes mainly respiratory infections and urinary tract infections that are caused by the bacteria and leads to an increase in the body temperature and hence causes fever.
2. Viral fevers:
Viral fevers are caused by the viruses as the name indicates. These includes dengue, chikunguniya and viral hepatitis A or E etc. These are the most upsetting and impressing types of common fevers.
3. Parasitic fevers:
Parasitic fevers are considered mostly most critical. These type of common fever is caused by the parasite and includes Malaria, Filaria and typhoid etc.
Besides this, there are some other common fevers such as rheumatic fever, influenza commonly known as "flu", measles (uncommon type of common fever) and meningitis etc.
SYMPTOMS OF COMMON FEVER
- Temperature more than 100.4 F (38 C) in children and adult as well.
- Headache, feeling faint or dizzy.
- Weakness is also a sign of common fever.
- Shivering and shaking and chills as well.
- Aching muscle and joints.
- Convulsion and hallucination in case of very high temperature that is body temperature more than 104F (40C).
- Skin flushing, rapid heart rate or palpitations.
- Excessive sweating
CAUSES OF COMMON FEVER
The common fever can be caused by the following:
- A bacterial infection and viruses and parasites as well leads to common fever.
- Heat exhaustion and extreme sunburn may sometimes results in fever.
- Inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis results in fever.
- Some antibiotics and drugs may leads to increase in the body temperature.
- Some Immunizations like tetanus, diphtheria and pneumococcal vaccine may cause fever.
- Malignant tumor is another cause of common fever.
- Heavy exercise can lead to increase in the normal body temperature.
- Menstrual cycles in females sometimes results in fever.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is one of the ancient healthcare system that uses extracts of natural herbs and hence provides the natural way to take care of the body and supports healthy body by balancing the three doshas of the body namely, Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha.
Ayurvedic approach for common fever
In Ayurveda, fever is known as "Jwara roga". In Ayurveda, disturbance to regulation of body temperature is called Jwara. Fever can either be a disease itself or a sign of any other disease. In Ayurveda, seasonal fever of the monsoon is known as "Vataja Jwara", seasonal fever of autumn is known as "Pittaja Jwara" and the seasonal fever of spring is known as "Kaphaja Jwara".
Are there dietary supplement for healthy body temperature?
There are number of natural supplements available for the maintenance of healthy body temperature. Planet Ayurveda provides the dietary supplements that are made from standardized extract and are free from any chemicals and hence free from any side effects. The dietary supplements supports the healthy diet.
Natural supplements for healthy body temperature
The Planet Ayurveda provides dietary supplement that includes Tulsi capsules, Giloy capsules and Curcumin capsules for the health body temperature:-
Tulsi capsules of Planet Ayurveda contains standardized extract of tulsi in it. The tulsi plant is also known as Ocimum tenuiflorum or holy basil. The plant is erect, much branched herb and is 30 to 60 cm tall with hairy stems. The leaves of the plant are green or purple in color.
The Giloy capsules of Planet Ayurveda contains natural extract of Giloy in it. Giloy is an important herb and is known as Tinospora cordifolia and guduchi in Ayurveda. The plant is a large climbing shrub with elongated twinning branches. The leaves are simple and round in shape. The flowers are of greenish yellow color.
The curcumin capsules of Planet Ayurveda contains standardized extract of curcumin in it which is free from any chemical and additives. Curcumin is the principle constituent in the turmeric. Curcumin is of bright yellow color and hence the color of turmeric.