TREATMENT OF ECZEMA WITH THE HELP OF AYURVEDA
WHAT IS ECZEMA?
Eczema is a condition that affects the skin in infants, children and adults. It is characterized by itching and redness of the skin. It is common in children but it may occur at any age.
Eczema is a disease condition of the skin that can be a cause of major concern in people who have not been able to find a suitable cure for it.
Here we talk about a few general lifestyle changes and food habits that can help you to deal with this nagging problem on a long term basis.
WHAT FOODS CAN BE EATEN IN CASE OF ECZEMA?
If you are not allergic to nuts then include at least two to three types of nuts every day in your diet. Nuts are a source of many essential fatty acids including the omega-3 fatty acids which are absolutely essential for keeping the skin healthy. Walnuts, Almonds and Pistachio are some of the good options.
Increase intake of fruits rich in Vitamin C and bioflavonoids as these are essential sources of antioxidants.
Interestingly, not only citrus fruits have vitamins in plenty, but baked potatoes and kiwis also have bioflavonoids in them.
Up to 5 g of bioflavonoids and vitamin C can be taken every day while dealing with an eczematous condition.
VEGETABLES AND OTHER PLANT PRODUCTS
Cabbage, Carrots, Chamomile, sandalwood, camphor and coconut oil are some of the preferred products that provide relief in patients of atopic dermatitis.
Milk is considered to have properties that increase vitality in the human beings.
In diseases like atopic dermatitis, the immune system is usually weak, which indicates a subdued vital force in such individuals.
Therefore, increased intake of milk and regular incorporation of its products in the right way can prove to be very beneficial in the treatment of Eczema.
AYURVEDIC POINT OF VIEW FOR ECZEMA
According to Ayurveda, all skin diseases have been grouped under "Kushtha roga" in which, different kinds of skin conditions have been discussed in detail. All in all, there are 18 types of kushtha rogas described in Ayurveda.
All types of skin diseases according to Ayurveda occur because of a vitiation of the doshas (body energies), the dhatus (body tissues) and the malas (body's waste).
WHAT NOT TO DO IF YOU WANT TO KEEP A CHECK ON ECZEMA?
- Avoid foods that are difficult to digest or are too loaded with fats. What happens in such a condition is that the body is not able to digest the food properly leading to vitiation of all the three doshas (body energies – Vata, Pitta and Kapha) in the body.
- Avoid excess fatty food intake, junk food, food products that are very spicy and sour.
- Besides, one should also refrain from a few food products and combinations which make one more prone for skin diseases. Avoid such food combinations (Viruddha Aahara in Ayurveda):-
- Yoghurt consumption at night.
- Heated honey and heated Yoghurt etc.
- Avoid non-vegetarian food items as they are also considered to induce a flare up of the condition in many patients.
WHAT YOU CAN DO AT HOME TO MANAGE ECZEMA?
- Manage Stress – Stress and anxiety supposedly worsen eczematous conditions and should be managed accordingly.
- Wear Skin Friendly Clothes - Prefer soft fabrics like cotton which may not cause itching or flaring up of skin.
- Avoid Dry and Windy Atmospheric Conditions - In Atopic dermatitis the patient is usually troubled with excessive dryness of the skin for this an optimum level of humidity can be maintained at home by installing air humidifiers.
- Avoid Excessive Use of Soaps and Body Washes - Use mild soaps for bathing and make sure they are completely washed off from the body. However, mild soaps can be used in moderation.
- Keep Your Skin Hydrated - As dryness is a prime feature in the development of atopic dermatitis, drink ample amounts of water and apply moisturizer as and when required.
- Avoid Exposure to Sun - Excessive sun exposure can cause skin damage and sun burns and may worsen an already worn out skin of a patient of eczema. Invest in a good sunscreen if you need to work for long hours under the sun.
- Identify the Aggravating Factors - Eczema has no specific triggers in general, as they may vary from person to person. Allergies from food products, dust particles, pollens, extreme weather conditions may be some of the aggravating factors which should be identified in each individual and avoided.
- Avoid Woolen Clothing - Woolen clothing are an absolute no no for people suffering from atopic dermatitis/ eczema.
- Avoid Wearing Accessories - Too much of accessories worn over the body like spectacles, watches, artificial jewelries etc. may irritate the skin and worsen the rashes hence they should be avoided.
- Keep The Skin Cool – This can be done by applying cold compresses or bandaging the affected area when going out in the sun.
Eczema is an immune system disorder which largely demands regulation on the lifestyle and change in some basic habits than just medication. By following these simple steps it becomes way easier to fight with this condition without having to dope your body with harmful medications and steroids.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR ECZEMA
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Skin Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of eczema. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda.
Dosage / Usage
- Aloe Vitals - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Neem Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Kumkumadi oil - Take 3-5ml of the oil and massage over the affected area of the skin. In case of oily skin, kumkumadi oil can be avoided, but other supplements are safe for all skin types.
1. Aloe Vitals Capsules
Aloe vera (Aloe barbedensis) is another great herb to manage any skin problem. Planet ayurveda's aloe vitals capsules are prepared from pure extracts of this herb. The product is the best one for eczema. It keeps the skin hydrating and gives proper nourishment. It is helpful in alleviating redness and dry skin patches. It maintains the glow of the skin. The product is rich in vitamin C and E that is in turn required to maintain the healthy skin. It stimulates the development of skin cells. The product, in short, is the great one to take care of the overall skin health.
2. Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula
In skin problems such as psoriasis, hair growth of the skin and nail growth gets also affected. Hence, here is another product- Radiant skin hair nail formula capsules by Planet Ayurveda. The product not only give positive results to the skin, but also improves the growth of hair and nails as well. The product is made using the combination of skin beneficial herbs such as Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) and Yashtimadhu (Glycerrhaza glabra). Being packed with such nutritional herbs, the product will give proper nutrition and nourishment to the skin and will cover all kinds of skin problems.
3. Neem Capsules
Neem (Azadirachta indica) is an age old remedy for skin disorders. The herb is known to improve the beauty of the skin. Being rich in medicinal properties such as anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties that makes the herb a perfect choice to get relief from skin problems. Neem capsules from our house are made using the pure and standardized extract of Neem herb. The product acts as a natural blood purifier and helps in the removal of excess of toxins from the body. Being packed with the anti-oxidant herb, it is a great way to give proper nourishment to the skin. It is even helpful in removing excess of oil from the skin and improves the oily skin as well. The product is suitable for all kinds of skin and will help in improving the symptoms of all skin problems.
4. Kumkumadi oil
This is a herbal oil that is packed with some wonderful herbs that are beneficial for the skin. Massaging with this oil will improves the texture of the skin and maintains the skin young and healthy enough.
Where to buy Skin Care Pack?
To buy Skin Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/skin-care-pack.html