- 100 % Natural product
- Formulated by MD Ayurveda expert
- Helps maintain healthy blood cholesterol level*
- 100% vegetarian formula
- Pacifies Kapha (Phlegm) and Vata (space) doshas (body energies) but has a general tridosha (all three body energies) balancing effect.
- Free from chemicals, preservatives, starch, additives, colors, yeast, binders, fillers etc.
- Contains age old herbs described in ancient Ayurveda texts
Each capsule of Guggul contains standardized extract of gum guggul or Commiphora mukul.
1 bottle - 60 Capsules Each
1 - 2 capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
To buy Guggullipid Capsules, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/gugulipid-capsules
What is High Cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a type of lipid (fat) present in our blood stream. Our body needs some amount of good fats to maintain cellular function.
When we eat a diet predominant in saturated fats for a prolonged period of time, the blood cholesterol levels rise beyond limits raising serious health concerns. This is known as high blood cholesterol.
In some people, there is an inherent tendency to develop high blood cholesterol levels in blood or hypercholesterolemia.
Common Causes of High Blood Cholesterol Levels in Blood
- Consuming too much of Trans fats (found in fried and processed foods) or saturated fats (Found in meat, milk, egg yolk and butter).
- Lack of physical activity.
- Age-above 20 years
- Chronic kidney disease
- Liver diseases
- Family history
- Certain medicines
What is the Difference Between Good Cholesterol and Bad Cholesterol?
HDL (High density lipoproteins) is the good blood cholesterol and LDL (Low density lipoproteins) is the bad cholesterol in blood.
HDL helps to flush out the bad LDL cholesterol from the blood thereby preventing it from depositing in the lumen of the various arteries which may lead to cardiovascular problems.
What is the Normal Blood Cholesterol Level?
The normal level of total blood cholesterol is <200.
What can be done to Lower Blood Cholesterol Levels without Medication?
Blood cholesterol levels can be managed to a large extent by maintaining a regulated diet routine and increasing the level of physical activity.
- Diet is the most important thing that can directly control your lipid profile. Stay away from Trans fats and triglycerides and look for healthy fat options for consumption. For example – vegetable oils like olive oil, avocado oil, almond oil etc., but only in moderation.
- Prefer boiling, baking and roasting food items that you otherwise fry.
- Maintain a healthy intake of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Maintain physical fitness by exercising according to what suits your body.
- Reduce weight
- Stop smoking if you are a smoker.
Are Natural Supplements Helpful in Maintaining Blood Cholesterol?
Many Natural supplements and dietary supplements are available in the market which help to support healthy blood cholesterol levels.
They should be carefully selected and checked for the presence of any additives or artificial agents and should be a product of an authentic manufacturing unit.
There are numerous companies in the market supplying a wide range of nutraceutical preparations. It is for the consumer to decide and choose which is best suited for him/ her.
Is there any Ayurvedic Treatment for High Blood Cholesterol?
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that helps to manage the overall health and wellbeing. There is no ayurvedic treatment that can cure high blood cholesterol levels.
It only helps to provide dietary and general lifestyle modifications to support healthy blood cholesterol in males and females.