Home Remedies for Common Cold
Common cold is the medical condition, which gives rise to discomfort and the patient feels very sick. It is commonly seen in individuals of various ages, genders and occupation quite frequently. The major cause of common cold is exposure to the seasonal variation in the climatic condition. It occurs, when the body gets exposed to harmful pollutants and cold virus. Heredity is also important while understanding the reason of common cold. It is characterized by headache, running nose, watery eyes, cough, fever, blocked nose and sore throat.
A lot of medicines are available in the market to treat the condition of common cold. However, people generally prefer the natural home remedies to treat such situation.
Effective home remedies for treating common cold
The major home remedies for common cold are given below:
- Turmeric is known for its medical properties. It is antibiotic, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
- It helps to treat headache, nasal blockage and other symptoms of common cold effectively.
- Take half tsp. of turmeric powder and mix in 1 tsp of honey.
- Consume this twice daily.
- Garlic is also an important remedy in Ayurveda.
- It has many medicinal properties.
- Put some cloves of garlic in mustard oil and heat for some time.
- After it gets Luke warm, massage the chest and the nose gently with the oil.
- You are bound to get relief from the common cold.
- The symptoms of sore throat, headache and aches will definitely vanish and the disease will be eradicated as well.
- Tulsi is holy basil which is commonly found in every one's home.
- Put 4 to 5 fresh tulsi leaves in water and boil.
- Strain and drink sip by sip.
- One can prefer tulsi tea as well.
- This is very effective home remedy when person has fever also with cold.
- Another effective home remedy for common cold is ginger.
- Ginger pieces are done and boiled in water for some time.
- Filter and add little sugar.
- Have this decoction when it's hot – sip by sip.
- Ginger tea can also be prepared to get rid of cold symptoms.
- Boil ginger pieces in water before adding tea leaves to make tea.