According to Ayurveda, human being is made up of the 5 elements. These five element air, fire, water and earth. These elements combine to create the three doshas. These dosha are Vata dosha, Pitta dosha and Kapha dosha. A human being is born with varying quantities and qualities of the doshas, which make unique psychobiological makeup.
Kapha deals with structure and lubrication of the mind and body. It controls weight, growth, lubrication for the joints and lungs, blood, fat, muscles, bones, marrow and reproductive tissues. It is a combination of water and earth. This gives energy to body which forms the body's structure. This is the main component needed for the life of our cells and body systems. It helps in lubrication of joints and skin, helps in healing wounds and maintains immunity. Kapha helps in promotes anabolism. It also helps in growth and creation of new cells in the body. People of the kapha type have a slow digestion. They sleep heavily and excessively. Their pulse is sometimes slow, steady and regular. They have a pleasant appearance and voice. Those with kapha dosha dislike damp conditions.
- Bhodaka Kapha: Sense of taste, which is essential for good digestion.
- Kledaka Kapha: Proper digestion.
- Tarpaka Kapha: Moisture for nose, mouth, eyes and brain.
- Avalambaka Kapha: Heart protection, strong muscles, and healthy lungs.
- Sleshaka Kapha: Joints are properly lubricate, soft and supple skin.
Kapha Out Of Balance
- Tarpaka Kapha: Congestion, poor sense of smell.
- Bhodaka Kapha: Poor sense of taste.
- Kledaka Kapha: Impaired digestion, poor absorption.
- Avalambaka Kapha: respiratory problems, lazy, lower back pain.
- Sleshaka Kapha: Weight gain, oily skin, loose or painful joints.
Characteristics of Kapha People
- Easy going
- Strong resistance
- Excellent health
- Slow anger
- Physical strong
- Slow leaner
- Thick hair
- Respiratory problem
- Fair color of skin
- Oily hair
- Soft and oily skin
- Fair Complexion
- Bones are not prominent
- Hair strong
- Strong teeth
- Pleasant voice
- Dense eye
- Nail pale in color
- Eye are prominent
- Strong immunity
- Strong stable
- Mental stable
- Good voice
- Good temperament
Important Tips Regarding Diet
- Eat asparagus, beets, broccoli, brussels sprouts lettuce spinach as it is benefited for body.
- Honey is mostly very benefical for the kapha type body.
- Light meal should be very good for kapha type people.
- Avoid heavy and bulky diet.
- Always eat fruits which inculdes apple, pear,cherries,peach ,dried fruits and pomogranate.
- Always take warm drinks ,herbal and spice teas as it is very benefical to
- Fruit and vegetable juices are also very good for kapha type body.
- Honey plays an important role for people with kapha dosha as it help in improving digestion and remove toxins also.
- Avoid non-veg food like red meat and egg as it create many problems in the body...
- Eat salads which is very beneficial to the body especially for digestion.
- Do not comsume carbonated drinks, coffee, tea and even alcohol as it effect badily to the body.
- One should use less amount of kidney pea and chicken pea.
- Avoid the corn, cauliflower, cucumber,mushroom, potatoes and pumpkin.
- Avoid deep fried food as it is not good for kapha type body.
- Eat raw food and vegetables also prefered to people who have kapha type body.
- Avoid ghee and oil in their diet as it create toxin in body.
- Avoid the sugarcane product and sweets also which seem to be not good for body.
- Food which reduce Kapha are pungent (spicy), astringent, and bitter.
- Meals should not be consumed when a person is not emotionally stable.
- Use less amount salt as it is not good for body.
- Spicy and tasty food is benefited.
- Avoid yogurt,cream, butter and even milk product.
- One should take ginger tea to stimulate appetite. Cumin, fenugreek, sesame seed and turmeric are also very essential for kapha type body.
So, By Follow The Above Diet Plan One Should Get Benefited