Autism, the problem caused by genetic and environmental factors in which a child faces trouble with social interaction and communication. This problem is usually characterized by restrictive and repetitive behavior. The signs of autism become noticeable during the age of two to three years. This kind of disorder lasts through out the person's life time.
Causes of Autism
The basic or permanent cause of this problem is still not discovered but it is said that autism is caused due to some genetic changes or mutations.
Environmental factors are also considered as another cause of autism that can affect the development of the brain at early age.
Symptoms of Autism
- Lines up toys or other objects
- Plays with toys the same way every time
- Has to follow certain routines
- Likes parts of objects
- Is very organized
- Flaps hands, rocks body, or spins self in circles
- Does not point or respond to pointing
- Does not understand jokes or teasing
- Talks in a flat, robot-like, or sing-song voice
- Gives unrelated answers to questions
- Delayed speech and language skills
- Uses few or no gestures (e.g., does not wave goodbye)
Diagnosis of Autism
- The diagnosis of this particular problem can be difficult as there is no particular test for detecting this disorder.
- Only the behavior of the child can detect whether this disorder is present or not.
- Developmental screening is one way which can help to know whether a child is suffering from this particular problem or not (in this it is observed that whether the child is learning the basic skill or not).
- In developmental screening, the child may be told to play with toys or to answer some of the questions asked by the doctor.
- There is one another way known as comprehensive diagnostic evaluation (in this hearing and vision abilities of the child are diagnosed, genetic testing and neurological testing and some other medical tests are done).
Herbal Remedies for Autism by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers wonderful herbal remedies like Ashwagandha capsules, Daily Essentials, Digestion Support and Coral Calcium Capsules for ayurvedic and natural treatment of autism. These remedies are formulated using natural herbs and herb extracts having no side effects. As there are no chemicals and preservatives used in them.
These capsules are formulated by using pure extracts of herb known as Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). The herb is known to normalize functions of neuroendocrine system.
Properties of this Herb:
- This herb mainly improves fatigue, stress and weakness.
- Has a great positive effect on nervous system.
- Also contains rejuvenating properties.
The roots of this plant are used to formulate this natural herbal remedy. In Ayurveda Ashwagandha herb is of great importance. Ashwagandha improves body's ability to maintain physical effort and also act as stress buster. The best property is that it helps in repairing of tissues that is required in this particular disease. Ashwagandha provides strength to the muscles and gives a soothing effect to the muscles. It enhances physical as well as mental stamina and is also considered as a nerve tonic. So, this herbal remedy also helps to get relief from this particular problem and other symptoms that act as a hindrance in our daily routine.
Dose: 1 capsule twice daily after meals.
This herbal remedy is formulated using grape seed, cow colostrums, bhumi amla and green tea. The grape seed fruit is rich in vitamin C which is considered very beneficial in improving the immune system. Cow colostrums milk is collected during 24 hours of milking of buffalo after birth of calf. It also provides strength to immune system and guard body against various diseases. It also contains vitamins, micro nutrients, proteins and minerals.
Bhumi amla is considered as a very strong anti oxidant which fights against various diseases and throws toxins from the body. This particular remedy also provides relief from diseases such as cough, cold, asthma, fatigue and liver related diseases.
Green tea present in daily essentials contain polyphenols that is considered a good antioxidant. It helps in fighting against many health ailments.
Dose: 1 capsule twice daily after meals with plain water.
This herbal remedy is formulated with mixture of herbs like Amla (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Baheda (Terminalia bellerica), Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare), Dhaniya (Coriandrum sativam), Pippali (Piper longum) and Jeerak (Cuminum cyminum). These unique herbs acts together and controls acidity, flatulence, gas and also constipation. These herbs eliminate all those elements that are the main cause of loss appetite. Saunf one of the main ingredient of Indian kitchen alleviates gaseous distension of abdomen. The herb pippali helps solving problem of indigestion. This herb provides strength to the digestive system. Dhania relives gas and constipation.
These are the herbal remedies that are helpful in solving this particular problem. These herbal remedies increase appetite and helps in proper functioning of the digestive system. Not only these herbal remedies but a proper diet and regular exercise are suggested to get rid of this particular problem.
Dose: 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after meals.
This herbal remedy is formulated using following ingredients:
- Parval pishti (Coral calcium)
- Akik pishti (Agate gemstone powder)
- Jawar mohra pishti
- Kamdudha ras
- Mukta pishti (Pearl calcium)
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
All these herbs are considered good for autism. The pure extracts of these particular herbs are considered beneficial for treatment of autism.
Dose: 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after meals.
So, these are the dosage to be taken recommended by doctors for the patients of autism.Share with your friends: