Reference: Sahasrayoga kashaya prakarana 108
Balajeerakadi Kwath is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form. It is also known as Balajirakadi kashaya. This medicine is used in the treatment of respiratory conditions like bronchial asthma, cough, cold etc.
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Jiraka – Cumin seeds - Cuminum cyminum
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Vrishamoola – Root of Adhatoda vasica
- Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Suradruma – Cedrus deodara
- Guha – Oryza sativa
- Ikshu – Sugarcane
- Laja – Parched grain.
Method of Preparation
All the above mentioned ingredients are added with 8 parts of water. It is boiled until reduced to quarter part to make the balajeerakadi kwath.
- Take 12 – 24 ml, before food two times a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually advised to add equal amount of water to the kashayam (decoction).
- Honey is usually advised as a co drink along with this medicine.
- Bronchial asthma
There are no known side effects with this medicine.