Bhringaraja Taila (Oil) - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali
Bhringaraja Taila (Oil) is an herbal oil to cure hair fall and related disorders. It strengthens eyes and ears. It is totally safe for use. It balances Vata and Pitta.
- Sesame oil
- Bhringraja (Eclipta alba)
- Wild Himalayan cherry (Prunus cerasoides)
- Lodh tree (Symplocus racemosa)
- Sandalwood (Pterocarpus santalinus)
- Red ochre
- Country mallow (Sida cordifolia)
- Daru Haridra (Berberis aristata)
- Nagakesar (Mesua ferrea)
- Priyangu (Callicarpa macrophylla)
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Nelumbium indicus
Method of Preparation
Make a paste of all the ingredients except the first two ingredients. Now make decoction of Eclipta alba and add it to the herb paste along with sesame oil. Heat it and filter it once it becomes homogenous. Store the filtrate in a clean bottle away from heat, light and moisture.
Bhringaraja Taila is a famous and excellent herbal hair oil to manage the various problems related to hair like hair fall, premature graying, baldness etc. Natural ingredients used in this medicine balance the vitiated vata and pitta doshas. It helps to strengthen hair. It works well to manage the various eye and ear problems. Anti-inflammatory action of this oil is quite effective to alleviate the pain in headache or migraine. Massage with this oil helps to ease the neck stiffness as it improves the blood circulation in the affected area.
- Strengthens hair
- Neck stiffness
- Improves vision and hearing.
Method of Application
It can be applied on the affected areas and massaged properly.
- There are no reported ill effects on external application.
- Nasal instillation should be done under strict medical supervision.
- Gargling should be preferably done in the morning, on an empty stomach.