Dashmoola Rasayana is poly-herbal medicine effective for many acute and chronic respiratory diseases, available in the form of herbal jam. This Ayurvedic medicine is prepared from Dashmoola or well-known ten roots of Ayurveda and various other medicinal herbs. It is very nutritious and improves immunity.
- Bilva - Aegle marmelos
- Agnimantha - Premna mucronata
- Shyonaka - Oroxylum indicum
- Gambhari - Gmelina arborea
- Patala - Stereospermum suaveolens
- Shalaparni - Desmodium gangeticum
- Prinshnaparni - Urarica picta
- Gokshura - Tribulus terrestris
- Brihati - Solanum indicum
- Kantakari - Solanum xanthocarpum
- Vrisha - Adhatoda vasica
- Shunti - Ginger - Zingiber officinalis
- Jiraka - Cumin seed - Cuminum cyminum
- Dhanyaka - Coriander - Coraindrum sativum
- Daru - Cedrus deodara
- Bhadra - Aerua lanata
Fine Powders of:-
- Trikatu - Pepper, long pepper and ginger
- Jati - Nutmeg - Myristica fragrans fruit and flower
- Twak - Cinnamon - Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Kumkuma - Saffron - Crocus sativus
- Jiraka - Cuminum cyminum
- Krishnajiraka - Nigella sativa
- Pushkaramoola - Inula racemosa
- Nagakeshara - Mesua ferrea
- Ela - Cardamom - Elettaria cardamomum
Method of Preparation
Dashmoola Rasayana is prepared by addition of sugar into mixture of herbs and a jam like formulation is prepared.
Consume 5-10 grams 1-2 times per day after or before having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor.
It is administered along with honey or warm water.
- Dosage for children below 5 years of age: 1-2 grams, 1-2 times along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
- Dosage for children between 5-12 years of age: 5 grams 1-2 times a day along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
- Dashmoola Rasayana is useful in treating Chronic respiratory conditions like bronchitis & asthma.
- It is efficient medicine in case of chronic fever, flatulence, bloating and hiccups.
- One of the potent anti-inflammatory, bronchodilator and antitussive agent.
Contraindications / Side Effects
- No such side effects with this medicine is known.
- But it's over dose may cause stomach upset.