Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Agnimandya Rogadhikara 56 – 62
Gandhak Vati is an herbal formulation in tablet form that keeps the Vata and Kapha Doshas in balance and improves the Pitta. One of the best Ayurvedic treatment for indigestion. It is combination of herbal and mineral ingredients. Hence should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
- Shuddha Parada (Purified and processed Mercury) - 24 g
- Gandhaka (Purified and processed Sulphur) - 48 g
- Shunti (Ginger) (Zingiber officinalis) –Rhizome - 48 g
- Lavanga (Clove) (Syzigium aromaticum) - 48 g
- Maricha (Black pepper) (Piper nigrum) - 48 g
- Saindhava (Rock Salt) - 144 g
- Suvarchala Lavana (Sochal salt) – 144 g
- Chanaka (Chick pea) - Cicer arietinuin Linn - 96 g
- Mulaka Kshara – Radish – Raphanus sativus - 96 g
- Nimbuka swarasa – Lemon juice extract - quantity sufficient.
Method of Preparation
Grind all the above given ingredients into fine powder and then it is triturated using lemon juice and finally converted to tablets form. Keep it in cool dry place.
Consume 1-2 tablets once or twice a day, before or after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Beneficial Ayurvedic treatment in case of indigestion and improves digestive power.
- Improves anorexia, low appetite
- Treats constipation and hyperacidity
- Controls the mucus in stool
- Provides relief from abdominal pain
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- As it comprises of heavy metal ingredients so better to avoid in pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Its over-dose may results in minor burning sensation in abdomen.
- Keep it away from children.