About Hearing Loss
When people affected by loss of hearing feel difficulty in explaining to friends and families. But what exactly are the effects of diminished hearing. Hearing loss is one of the common problem that often develops with age or due to repeated exposure to loud noises. Hearing loss can be a sudden or gradual decrease in how fine you can hear. Hearing loss is when you can't hear sound in one or both ears.
Hearing loss can be:
- Mild: Individual can't hear soft speech and have difficulty in keeping up the conversations in noisy situations.
- Severe: Person is not able to hear you can't hear soft or moderately loud noises.
- Profound: Person suffering feel very hard of hearing and have to rely mostly on lip-reading, and/or sign language.
There are two general categories of hearing loss.
- Conductive hearing loss - Caused when sound waves are not able to reach the inner ear. It can be restored.
- Sensorineural hearing loss - It is a case when there's damage to inner ear or auditory nerve. It's a type of Permanent Hearing Loss.
Causes of Hearing Loss
Hearing loss can occur through various reasons or factors:
- Can be home- or work-related.
- Aging process.
- Damage to inner ear,
- Earwax Buildup
- Fluid in the middle ear as a result of colds
- Ruptured eardrum
- Structural abnormalities of the outer ear, ear canal, or middle ear
- Head trauma or abrupt change in the air pressure(e.g., during airplane descent)
- Meniere's disease and meningitis disease
- Physical abnormality of the inner ear
Triggering Factor for Hearing loss
- A blow of loud noise,
- Effects of toxins
- Some injury
Ayurveda name for Hearing Loss is Karan - Badhiriya. When there is disturbance in vata dosha, sound is not transmitted from the ear to the brain. In some cases vitiated Kapha blocks the pathway of vata because of which vata fails to conduct the sound waves. The hearing ability of the one goes on dropping gradually and may be lost completely.
Symptoms of Hearing Loss
- Feel difficulty in hearing others clearly and error in hearing what they say, in group.
- Difficulty in understanding words, especially if there is background noise or in a crowd of people
- Hearing consonants is tough
- Repeatedly asking others to speak more slowly, clearly and loudly.
- If there is Need to turn high the volume of the television or radio.
- Avoiding some social situations.
- Ringing, roaring, or hissing sounds are heard in the ears, known as tinnitus.
- Feeling as if there is water or pressure in the ear.
Other associated symptoms are:
- Pain in your ear
- Fluid leaking from the ear
- Vertigo - a type of dizziness feeling as though your surroundings are moving or spinning around you
- Children may also suffer from developing their speech and language.
Herbal Remedies for Hearing Loss by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers effective herbal remedies such as Ashwagandha Capsules, Brahmi Capsules, Shilajit Capsules & Yograj Guggul for ayurvedic treatment of hearing loss. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
Ashwagandha capsule, an herbal formulation with useful ability to fight against debilitating conditions, fatigue, stress, anxiety, palpitation, ageing, nervous breakdown and loss of weight.
Regular use of Ashwagandha capsules helps to provide strength back to muscles, as well relieve the muscles and soothe the system. A good nervine tonic that supports the enhancement of physical and mental stamina.
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): It is herbaceous medicinal plant, rich with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory anti-stress and antioxidant, mind-boosting, immunity-enhancing, and rejuvenating properties. It supports to manage overall well-being of the body, strength and immunity. This herb efficiently nurtures the brain health.
Dose: 1-2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
Brahmi capsule is Ayurvedic formulation that maintains the health of brain. It is useful and effective herbal supplement for boosting the memory as well as effective in relieving anxiety, stress, vertigo and mental fatigue. These capsules have standardized extract of herb brahmi which is rich in bacosides that acts as memory booster.
Brahmi (Bacopa Monneiri): This natural herb in Ayurveda is recognized as a tridosha balancing herb, means it is appropriate for all body types. A good nervine tonic as well rich anti-oxidant. Brahmi balances all of the three dosha of the physiology (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha).
Dose: 1-2 Capsules two times a day, with plain water, after meals.
Shilajit Capsules with medicinal properties contains standardized extract of best quality of Shilajit. It maintains the equilibrium of psychic energies (Satva, Rajas and Tamas) as well as three doshas or physical energies (Vata, Pitta and Kapha) in the body.
Effective in healthy blood circulation and healthy metabolism, healthy mind, healthy joint. Shilajit capsule naturally rejuvenates and rebuilds the body. Shilajit capsules are beneficial anti-stress supplement and strengthen the immunity.
Shilajit (Asphalt): Shilajit is a natural product with best anti-aging property. Shilajit consists of minerals in ionic form, vitamins, fulvic acid and phytonutrients that is helpful in preventing a number of diseases. It is good anti-oxidant and rejuvenative.
Dose: 1-2 Capsule twice daily after half an hour of meal with plain water.
Yograj Guggul is an Ayurvedic formulation that has wide use in managing vata and Kapha. Effective in various musculoskeletal and nervous disorders.
- Shudh Guggulu (Commiphora mukul),
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica),
- Pippali (Piper longum),
- Jeeraka (Cuminum cyminum),
- Devdaru (Cedrus deodara),
- Ela (Eletteria cardamomum),
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis),
- Mustaka (Citrus rotundus),
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula),
- Ardraka (Zingiber officinale)
- Carum copticum,
- Embelia ribes,
- Tribulus terrestris,
- Nigella sativa,
- Trachyspermum roxburghianum,
- Cuminum cyminum,
- Piper cubeba,
- Pluchea lanceolata,
- Rock salt,
- Coriandrum sativum,
- Piper nigrum,
- Vetiveria zizanioides,
- Abies webbiana,
- Cinnamomum tamala
It's a blend of many unique herbs that act together to reduce pain, swelling and flushes out the toxins from the body.
Dose: 2 tablets two times a day with plain water.
Why Planet Ayurveda's Herbal Products Are Better Than Others?
- All the products are 100% pure.
- Efficacy of the herbs is checked in the labs before making any herbal formulation.
- Products are free from chemicals, preservatives, starch and any color.
- All the products are manufactured under the guidance of highly experienced MD Ayurveda doctors.