Cold sores are defined as small lesions, which are filled with fluid and appear on various parts of the body, especially near the lips. These lesions often form clusters. And when they break, they form a crust on the left over sore. This is mainly caused due to the infection by the herpes virus. Exposure to sun, fever, hormonal changes and stress are some of the important causes of the occurrence of the cold sores.
Cold sores are contagious diseases and get easily transmitted via physical contact or sharing razors or napkins. Besides disrupting the beauty, these also cause pain and discomfort.
Home Remedies for Cold Sores
- Applying ice on the affected area is very effective in treating the cold sores.
- This prevents the bloating up of the sores.
- Thus, prevents the further aggravation of the situation. Instead, it helps to reduce the intensity of the sores and treat it properly.
- Lemons contain antioxidants, Vitamin C and citric acid.
- It is also effective in treating the cold sores.
- Just soak some amount of cotton in lemon juice.
- Apply it on the sore affected area.
- You will definitely get positive result.
- Garlic has anti-viral properties.
- It cures this situation instantly.
- Make a paste of garlic.
- Place the paste on the cold sore affected area.
- It will pain tremendously.
- But, you will get instant result in a very short period of time.
- Honey heals cold sores at a much faster pace.
- The medicinal properties it has prevents the breeding of the herpes virus.
- It also helps to moisturize the lips and helps in healing faster.