Headache is consider as pain that disables anyone to think normal and positive thinking. It is classified in several ways like tension, cluster and migraine. Headaches are most common due to tension, cluster are those type of headache that repeat every two weeks with periods of remission. Migraine causes additional problems like stress and nervousness. Some home remedies can resolve headache condition naturally.
The cooling and pain-relieving properties of clove help to ease headache naturally. It can be used to alleviate headaches. Cloves provides a nerve-soothing effect which reduces the pain and help in relaxing the nerves of the head.
Procedure to use cloves:-
- Make a paste of four to five cloves and place it on forehead for half an hour. This paste will provide cooling effect to the nerves that reduces headache.
- Take few cloves crush them. Put them in a clean handkerchief or in a sachet. Inhale the smell of these cloves whenever you have headache attack. Use this until you get some relief from headache.
- Take a tablespoon of carrier oil like (avocado oil, almond oil or sesame oil), put two drops of clove oil and massage your forehead. With this mixture massage for twenty minutes or more. Definitely you will get relief from headache.
- Prepare a mixture by adding two teaspoons of coconut oil, two drops of clove oil and one teaspoon of sea salt. Mix it well and apply this mixture on forehead for twenty minutes.
Cinnamon is consider as a miracle spice that treat headache and its symptoms effectively. It is well known herb for its medicinal qualities.
Procedure to use cinnamon:-
- Take few cinnamon sticks and make a paste of it by mixing little water. Apply this paste over the forehead for thirty minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water to get relief from headache.
- In a glass of milk, add two teaspoons of powdered cinnamon. Heat this mixture until close to boiling point, but donot allow it to boil. Now take this mixture and add a teaspoon of honey to it. Drink this mixture to get rid of headache.
Apple help to restore acid-alkaline balance in the body. It can be used to fight off a headache naturally.
Procedure to use apple:-
- Eat an apple early morning by sprinkling some salt on it.
- Add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water. Put small amount of honey and a splash of lemon juice to it. Drink this mixture.
- Prepare a mixture by adding half cup of apple cider vinegar with half cup of water. Boil this mixture in a covered pan. Remove the pan, hold a towel over your head and slowly inhale the steam.
4. Holy Basil
This herb has analgesic effects that reduces pain during headache. The oil of this herb helps to get rid of headaches and works as a muscle relaxant.
Procedure to use Holy Basil:-
- Chew some fresh holy basil regularly.
- Prepare an herbal tea by adding three to four fresh basil leaves in two cups of water. Boil it until remains one cup. Have this preparation.
- Inhale the steam prepared by boiling some holy basil in a saucepan.
- Massage your forehead with small amount of basil oil. Apply this for twenty minutes.
5. Ice bag
It is a simple and effective home remedy for headache as it reduces the acute pain.
Procedure to use Ice bag:-
Take 4-5 ice cubes and wrap it into a towel. Apply this on forehead for 5-10mins. Repeat this process for several times to get quick relief.
This herb is consider as an excellent pain killer. Ginger helps to reduce inflammation of the blood vessels in the head.
Procedure to use ginger:-
- Prepare an ointment by rubbing dry ginger with a water on a grinding stone. Apply this over the forehead for fifteen minutes.
- Make an herbal tea by adding ginger root, equal parts of ginger juice and lemon juice. Steep it for five minutes. Consume this tea once.
7. Green tea
Green tea act as an effective pain killer. It is packed with powerful nutrients and antioxidants. This is a perfect remedy for headache. With a cup of green tea the constricted blood vessels begin to dilate.
Procedure to use green tea:-
Drink a cup of green tea daily.
This herb relieve stress and anxiety during headache. Sandalwood is ancient herb used for its medicinal properties.
Procedure to use sandalwood:-
- Make a paste prepared from crushed holy basil leaves and sandalwood. Apply this preparation on forehead to reduce headache.
Apply dilute sandalwood oil on forehead as it cure headaches caused by heat.
The calming and numbing properties of peppermint help to reduce headache. It contains menthol that regulate blood flow in the body.
Procedure to use peppermint:-
- Make an herbal tea by adding one teaspoon of dried peppermint to two cups of water. Boil the water until it remains one cup. Drink this tea by adding some honey to it.
- Prepare a mixture of one tablespoon of almond oil, three drops of peppermint oil or just add a little water to this mixture. Massage your forehead and head to get relive from headache.
10. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil reduces pain and stress in headache and migraines. The essential oil present in it reduces pain.
Procedure to use lavender oil:-
- Apply lavender oil on forehead or head to reduce pain.
- Add two drops of lavender oil to two cups of boiling water and inhale the steam.
- Mix two to three drops of almond oil and olive oil. Massage your forehead with this mixture to get relief from headache and its related symptoms.