Reference - Ashtanga Hridayam, Uttarasthana
Jeevantyadi Ghrita is an ayurvedic formulation that is known to be prepared from the mixture of fruitful herbs. The ghee is used as a base for this formulation. This is known to control aggravated pitta and eye problems.
- Ghrita – ghee – 768 g
- Cow milk
- Jivanti – Leptadenia reticulata
- Water for decoction – 12.288 liters boiled and reduced to 3.072 liters
- Triphala – Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) and Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Prapaundarika – Nymphea stellata
- Kakoli – Fritillaria roylei
- Kshirakakoli – Lilium polyphyllum
- Pippali – Piper longum
- Lodhra – Symplocos racemosa
- Shatahva – Anethum sowa
- Madhuka – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Daruharidra – Berberis aristata
- Draksha – Raisins
- Saindhava lavana – Rock salt
12 g of each of:-
Method of Preparation
- Take the herb Jivanti and pour in water. Boil the herb to make its decoction.
- Now take all the other ingredients and make its decoction.
- Heat the mixture till herbal ghee is prepared.
- Quarter to half teaspoon with water, before food, one to two times a day.
- For eye ailments – take with triphala churna after dinner.
- Eye problems like cataract in early stages
- Pitta related diseases
- Take precautions if suffering from high BP, cholesterol or diabetes.
- High dose can cause indigestion or sometimes diarrhea.
- Take under doctor's prescription.