Reference - Rasatantra Sara (first part); edition 13; 402 – 405.
Kravyad Rasa is an ayurvedic formulation. This is prepared from the mixture of minerals and herbs. This formulation balance vata and kapha doshas and known to treat problems related with digestion and stomach problems.
- Suddha Gandhak (Purified Sulphur) - 96 grams
- Shuddha para (purified and processed mercury) – 48 grams
- Tamra bhsama (copper bhsama) -12 grams
- Loha bhsama (iron bhsama) – 12 grams
- Baer ki lkdi - Ziziphus mauritiana's wood
- Arandi ke patte - Ricinus communis's leaves
- Jambhiri lemon (Citrus jambhiri)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Pipplamool (Piper longum's root)
- Chavya (Piper retrofractum)
- Chitrakmool (Plumbato zeylanica's root)
- Saunth (Zingiber officinalis)
- Amla (Phyllanthus emblica)
- Maricha (Piper nigrum)
- Kala namak (black salt)
- Suhage ke phool (borax yakshawar's flowers)
Method of Preparation
- Took the shuddha para and made its kajjali. After this mixed this kajjali into mixture of loha and tamra bhsama.
- Then do the process of parpati parkaran, in this boiled the ingredients (in this case the above kajjali mixture) up to heating point and made its liquid. Boiled under the mild flames of baer's wood and pour on arandi' leaves to made parpati of the mixture.
- Cooled it down and do the grind in mortar pestle.
- After this process put the mixture in iron's pot and warm it on mild fire. In the intervals during process, added little jambhiri lemon juice.
- Know took up to 4800 grams and dry it up.
- Then triturated up to 50 times above mixture with the kwath of herbs (pippali, pipplamool, chivya, chitrakmool, saunth and amla).
- After then took up to similar quantity of above mixture and suhage's flower. Added half volume of black salt and maricha in the mixture.
- Now keep the mixture besides chanak kshara for seven days and mixed the mixture properly in mortar pestle to make fine paste.
- Took 125 mg of the paste and made its pills.
2 to 4 pills with buttermilk and sendha namak.
- Digestion power
- Ulcers due to indigestion food in the stomach
- Piles due to kapha
- Stomach problems due to vata and kapha
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Lethargy and body aches
- Pitta dosha enriched persons avoid this formulation.
- Took medicine under doctor's prescription.