Reference - Rasatantra Sara (first part); edition 13; 649 – 669.
Lavan Bhaskar Churna is an ayurvedic preparation which is prepared from mixture of significant herbs and salts. This churna is used to treat digestive problems.
- Common Salt (Namak)
- Rock Salt (Sendha Namak)
- Black Salt (Kala Namak)
- Coriander (Coriandrum sativum)
- Kach lavana
- Peepal (Ficus religiosa)
- Black cumin (Nigella sativa)
- Black pepper (Piper Nigrum)
- Zeera/cumin (Cuminum cyminum)
- Sonth (Dry Ginger powder)
- Anardana (Punica granatum)
- Piplamool (Piper longum)
- Tejpatta (Laurus nobilis)
- Nagarkesar (Mesua ferrea)
- Talis patra (Abies webbiana)
- Amalvet (Rumex acetosa)
- Ilaichi (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Daalacinii (Cinnamomum verum)
Method of preparation
- Took 96 grams common salt, 60 grams black salt, 24 grams rock salt, kach lavana, black cumin, pipplamool, peepal, coriander, nagarkesar, tejpatta, talis patra and amalvet, dry ginger powder, cumin and black pepper up to 12 grams, anardana up to 48 grams, ilaichi and daalacinii up to 6 grams.
- Mixed all the ingredients in proper proportions and crushed to make its powder or can say churna.
2 to 3 grams two times a day with buttermilk or simple water.
- Gas problem
- Respiratory problems
- Stomach pain
- Spleen diseases
- Avoid over dose that can cause burning sensations and stomach irritation.
- Avoid or take under medical prescription, if one is suffered from any kidney disease and hyperacidity.