Moong Dal Khichdi is a healthy recipe advised by doctors in many health ailments. Green grams (Moong daal) is used with rice to cook this healthy and delicious recipe. This is very easy to chew and light to digest. This helps to deal with health conditions effectively. Given to babies and aged people often with ghee, buttermilk or curd.
- 2/3 cup – Rice
- 1/3 cup – Moong daal
- 3 ½ cups – Water
- 1/4 tsp.- Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp. - Cumin seeds or powder
- Salt according to the taste
- 1 tbsp. – Olive oil or Cow's ghee
- Take 2/3 cup Rice and 1/3 cup – Moong daal in a container like big bowl.
- Mix it and wash with clean water properly 2 to 3 times.
- Now keep it aside and keep pressure cooker on flame.
- Put 1 tbsp. Olive oil or Cow's ghee (optional)
- Let it be little warmer then add 1/4 tsp. Cumin (Jeera) seeds or powder.
- Place cleaned rice and moong daal in cooker and roast for some time.
- Add 3 ½ cups Water
- Add 1/4 tsp. Turmeric powder and salt as per the taste.
- Mix once gain and close the lid of pressure cooker.
- Cook for 3 to 4 whistles. One on high flame and then remaining 2 or 3 on low or medium flame.
- Turn off the flame and let pressure comes down by its own.
- It may take 5 to 8 min.
- Now open the lid and Khichdi is ready to serve.
- You can add cow ghee while eating too.
- Consume it with ghee/buttermilk/curd.
- If you want Khichdi more soft, water can be added little more.
- If you are making it for your baby, add little more water, like 4 cups (as per this recipe)
- You can add garlic, curry leaves or coriander leaves according to the taste.