Here is another healthy recipe called Namkeen Daliya. Daliya is broken wheat which is packed with fiber, iron and good carbohydrates. It is low in fat and cholesterol. Daliya is very light to digest and specially given to growing kids and to those who are in recovering stage of illness.
- Broken wheat (Daliya) – 1 cup
- Green peas – Around 150 gm.
- Olive oil/Cow ghee – 1 tbsp.
- Onion – Chopped 1 medium sized
- Tomato – Half chopped
- Garlic – Chopped 2 to 3 pods
- Ginger – Chopped, small piece
- Cumin seeds – Half tsp.
- Turmeric powder (optional) - Pinch
- Salt – According to the taste
- Water – 2 cups
- Take broken wheat, 1 cup in a bowl and wash with water properly. Keep it aside.
- Now place pressure cooker on flame and add 1 tbsp. olive oil or cow ghee (optional)
- Let it be warm for some time then add cumin seeds and chopped onion, ginger and garlic.
- Stir well and cook for some time on low flame.
- Add turmeric powder and stir again.
- Now add broken wheat and stir well.
- Let it roast for some time.
- Now add water and salt according to your taste.
- Close the lid of pressure cooker and whistle for 2 to 3 times.
- Or else you can wait for 1 whistle on full flame and then let it be on low flame for 6 to 8 min.
- Turn off the flame and wait for pressure to come down naturally.
- Open the lid and your namkeen daliya is ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves.
- Have this delicious recipe with ghee/curd/buttermilk
- Turmeric powder is optional, one can add it or not as per their choice.
- You can also add split green grams (Moong daal) while making this recipe.
- You can also cook it with simple cumin seeds without adding ginger, garlic etc.
- Chopped vegetables can also be added like cauliflower and carrot.