Reference: Sahasrayoga Churna Prakarana 64
Nasika Churna is an Ayurvedic medicine which is available in herbal powder form. It is an effective treatment for the various problems like chronic rhinitis, headache, bad breath etc.
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Amla – Emblica officinalis / Phyllanthus emblica
- Cumin seed – Cuminum cyminum
- Mayurpiccha Kanda – Peocock tail
- Jatiphala – Nutmeg (fruit) – Myristica fragrans
- Jatipatra – Nutmeg (leaf) – Myristica fragrans
- Balaka – Pavonia odorata
- Khus Khus – Vetiveria zizanioides
- Amaya – Saussurea lappa
- Ginger (rhizome) – Zingiber officinalis
- Sandalwood – Santalum album
- Dhupa Patra
- Lemon juice for grinding
- Coconut water for grinding
- Rose water – for grinding
- Camphor – Cinnamomum camphora
- Dhupika Sara
- Mrigamada – Musk
Method of Preparation
Crush all the above mentioned ingredients, make fine powder. Mix well to form the nasika churna.
It is administered via nasal route.
- Chronic rhinitis
- Allergic respiratory conditions
- Bad breath
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Head tremors
- Self-medication with this medicine is strictly avoided. Take this only under medical supervision.
- This medicine should be taken in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause vomiting.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.
Note - This medicine is to be used strictly under medical supervision in the case of diabetic, hypertensive patients, cardiac patients, obese people, pregnant ladies, lactating mothers and children.