Reference: Astangahradayam uttaratantra 22/102, Ayurvedic Formulary of India
Pathyadi Churna is an ayurvedic herbal powder that balances the vata and Kapha doshas. It is useful for both external application and oral use. It is very useful in in the treatment of anemia, constipation, skin diseases etc.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)1 Part
- Gomutra - Cow urine - 4 Parts
- Hrivera (Pavonia odorata) - 1 Part
- Mishreya (Anethum sowa) - 1 Part
- Kushta Saussurea lappa
Method of Preparation
Fruit wall (pericarp) of Haritaki is boiled in gomutra which is then separately soaked in each decoction of Hrivera, Mishreya and Kushta and allowed to get dry under sunlight. When Haritaki completely gets dry, it is made in to powder form. Store in a cool and dry place.
Consume ½ to 1 teaspoon Powder along with water, 2 times daily after having meals or as directed by Ayurvedic Doctor.
- Excellent use in whole body swelling, anemia and ascites.
- Also effective in skin disorders like in psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, leucoderma etc.
- Also acts as a laxative.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- Better to avoid in pregnancy.
- Low doses to be administered during lactation and in children.
- Not suggested in people suffering from diarrhea.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children.