Reference: Charaka Samhita, Chikitsa Sthana, 30/90-96, Bhaisajyaratnavali, strirogadhikara: 46-49
Pushyanug Churna is an eminent Ayurvedic medicine, in form of herbal powder that can soothe Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Pushyanug Churna is astringent, pungent, sweet and bitter in taste. It acts on plasma, blood, muscles and reproductive system. This churna is very useful in Ayurvedic treatment for bleeding disorders.
10 g of each Ingredients:-
- Patha (Cyclea peltata)
- Jambu-bija majja (Eugenia jambolana)
- Amra- bija majja (Mango seed)
- Pasanabheda (Aerua lanata)
- Rasanjana (Berberis aristata)
- Ambasthaki (Cissampelos pareira)
- Mocharasa (Salmalia malabarica)
- Samanga (lajjalu) (Mimosa pudica)
- Padma kesara (Kamala) (Nelumbo nucifera)
- Kumkuma (Crocus sativus)
- Ativisa (Aconitum heterophyllum)
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus)
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos)
- Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa)
- Gairika (Red Ochre)
- Katphala (Myrica nagi)
- Maricha (Black pepper) (Piper nigrum)
- Shunti (Ginger) (Zingiber officinalis)
- Raisins (Vitis vinifera)
- Rakta chandana (Pterocarpus santalinus)
- Katvanga (Oroxylum indicum)
- Kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica)
- Shwetasariva (Hemidesmus indicus)
- Dhataki (Woodfordia fruticosa)
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna)
Method of Preparation
To prepare this medicine, all herbs are ground to make fine powder and homogenous mixture is prepared.
Consume 1-3 grams along with honey and rice water, 1-2 times a day before or after meals or as suggested by doctor.
- Ayurvedic treatment used in menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, leucorrhoea & menstrual disorder etc.
- Excessive menstrual bleeding due to various reasons.
- Used in treatment of uterine infections and haemorrhoids.
- Good effects in diarrhea & dysentery.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- Over usage of this medicine for a long time may result in irregular menstruations.
- Best to have the medicine during the period of excessive discharge and during menorrhagia.