Sameer Pannag Ras
Reference - Ayurveda Aushadhi Guna Dharma Shastra 4
Sameer Pannag Ras is an ayurvedic formulation. This formulation is known to be prepared from the mixture of herbs and minerals. This formulation can be in the form of tablet or powder. This is used to treat problems related with respiratory and joint problems. This is known to control all kinds of doshas.
- Shuddha Parada (Purified and processed Mercury)
- Shuddha Gandhaka (Purified and processed Green Vitriole)
- Malla (Purified Arsenic Oxide)
- Shuddha Haratala (Purified Arsenis tri sulphide)
- Manashila (Purified Arsenic Di Sulphide)
Method of Preparation
- Take all the ingredient up to 10 grams.
- This formulation is prepared with a method, known as kupipakwa method.
- In this method, kupi is used. Kupi is known as glass flask.
- Through this all the mineral origin components are mixed together to form powder.
- Now take the kupi and fill it one third with mixture of minerals or metals.
- Take a cover that is coated with seven layers of clay's paste.
- Covered the kupi with that cloth and allowed it to dry.
- Then buried the flask in the pot filled with sand, at the center of which the Kupi is immersed for heating.
- The pot is earthen.
- Now heated the flask in three stages – mild, mid and high flame.
- Sealed the flask with chalk pieces that is wrapped around cloth.
- These chalks are coated with jiggery.
- Now take out the flask and cool it down.
- After cooling, break the flask in the middle and collect the material near the neck.
125 mg one to two times a day, before or after meals with honey or warm water.
- Stiffness in joints
- Cold and cough
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactation.
- The medicine is taken under doctor's prescription.