Reference: Sharangadhara Samhita Madhyama Khanda 7/28 - 33
Sanjivani Vati is an Ayurvedic medicine available in the tablet form. It is used in the treatment of dyspepsia, indigestion and gastro-enteritis etc. This medicine should be taken only under strictly under medical supervision. It balances Vata and Pitta doshas in the body.
10 g fine powder of each of
- Vidanga - Embelia ribes
- Ginger Rhizome - Zingiber officinalis
- Long pepper fruit - Piper longum
- Haritaki - Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind - Terminalia chebula
- Vibhitaki - Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind - Terminalia bellirica
- Amalaki - Indian gooseberry fruit - Emblica officinalis
- Vacha - Acorus calamus
- Guduchi - Indian Tinospora (stem) - Tinospora cordifolia
- Bhallataka - Semecarpus anacardium
- Vatsanabha - Aconitum ferox
- Gomutra - cow urine - Quantity Sufficient.
Method of preparation
Fine powder of the above mentioned herb is triturated with cow urine. Then paste is prepared, dried and tablets are made.
Sanjivani Vati, an Ayurvedic medicine available in the tablet form is used to manage the various problems like dyspepsia, indigestion, gastro-enteritis etc. It helps to balance vata and pitta doshas. Calmative action of this medicine is quite good in the problem of dyspepsia. It helps to provide relief in heart burn. It supports the good health of digestive system and also improves the digestion process. Sanjivani vati is quite good medicine for chronic fever as well. This medicine helps to boost up immune system and protects the body from various infections. It is well indicated in fever as well.
- Snake bite
- Chronic fever
- Worm infestation
- Cough & cold
- 1 tablet once or twice a day to treat digestive problems.
- 2 tablets once or twice a day to treat gastro enteritis
- 3 tablets once or twice a day to treat snake bite.
- 4 tablets once or twice a day to treat chronic fever.
It is traditionally advised along with fresh ginger juice and water.
- Over dosage may cause burning sensation in stomach and poisonous effects.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in cool dry place.