Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Jwara Rogadhikara 182 – 183 AFI. Vol. 1.
Saubhagya Vati is an effective Ayurvedic preparation, available in the tablet form. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of fever, cough and gastric conditions. This Ayurvedic medicine contains heavy metal ingredients and hence it should be taken only under strict medical supervision.
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Saubhagya -Shuddha Tankana – Purified Borax
- Amruta – Vatsanabha – Aconitum ferox
- Jiraka – Cumin – Cuminum cyminum
- Sauvarchala Lavana – Sochal salt
- Saindhava Lavana – Rock salt
- Vida Lavana – Vida salt
- Samudra Lavana – Common salt
- Audbhida Lavana
- Shunti – Ginger Rhizome – Zingiber officinalis
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Pippali – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
- Harad – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula
- Bahera– Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia bellirica
- Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica officinali
- Abhraka Bhasma – Purified and processed Mica
- Shuddha Gandhaka – Purified Sulphur
- Rasa – Purified Mercury
- Juice extract of Nirgundi – Vitex negundo
- Juice extract of Bhringaraja – Eclipta alba
- Juice extract of Vasa – Malabar nut tree (root / whole plant) – Adhatoda vasica
- Juice extract of leaves of Apamarga – Achyarnthes aspera
Method of Preparation
The fine powder of solid ingredients are triturated with juice extracts of herbs, a paste is made. Pills are prepared, dried and preserved.
- Intermittent fever
- Colicky pain
- Excessive thirst
250 mg 1 – 2 times a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with ginger juice or warm water.
- Take this medicine only under medical supervision.
- This medicine should be avoided by pregnant, lactating mothers and children.
- Over dosage with this medicine may result in the slight burning sensation in stomach or poisonous effects.
- People with high BP should take this medicine with special care as it contains salt as an ingredient.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.