Reference – Arogyakalpadrumam.
Swasanandam gulika is an ayurvedic formulation that is known to have mixture of effective herbs. This is known to treat the problems related to respiratory system.
- Triphala - Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Karpoora – Cinnamomum camphora
- Shuddha Hingula – Purified and processed Cinnabar (An ore of Mercury and Sulphur)
- Vatsanabha – Purified and processed Aconitum ferox
Method of Preparation
- Take all the herbs and powder them.
- At last mix all the powdered herbs and make pills from them by taking the quantity of mixture up to 125 mg.
Swasanandam gulika is an Ayurvedic medicine available in tablet form. This medicine is meant to manage the respiratory complications. Herbs used in the formulation of this are packed with antimicrobial properties that protect the body from various infections. Use of this medicine is quite effective to manage health issues like asthma, bronchitis, cough etc. Expectorant and decongestant action of this medicine helps to clear the phlegm, cough, mucous from air ways and air channels. It manages the symptoms with bronchitis like wheezing, persistent cough, low fever and chills, chest tightening, sore throat, body aches, breathlessness, blocked nose, headache and sinuses etc.
- Cold and cough
One to two tablets, two times a day, after meals.
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactation.
- Gastritis problem may arise in over dose.
- Take under medical prescription.