Reference - Ashtangahrudayam Grahani Chikitsa 10/16-21.
Talisapatradi Vatakam is known as one of the effective ayurvedic formulation that has mixture of good herbs. This formulation is known to treat the problems related to respiratory and digestive systems.
- Talisapatra – Abies webbiana
- Maricha – Piper nigrum
- Chavika – Piper chaba
- Anantamoola – Hemidesmus indicus
- Pippali – Piper longum
- Dry Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Usheera – Vetiveria zizanioides
- Chaturjata - Known to have combination of following herbs:
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- Patra (Cinnamomum tamala)
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Nagakeshara (Mesua ferrea)
Method of Preparation
- Took the herbs in its given quantity.
- Took 1 to 3 herbs up to 48 grams, 4 and 5 up to 96 grams, shunthi up to 144 grams, 7 and 8 ingredients up to 12 grams.
- Powder all the ingredients and mix with three times of jaggery.
- Make pills from this paste.
Talisapatradi Vatakam aids in pacifying diseases related to Vata and Kapha. It acts as an extremely useful Ayurvedic formulation in managing digestive disorders as it is helpful to control vomiting, sprue, provides relief in abdominal pain, effective in controlling gastritis and bloating. It efficaciously manages all types of cough and controls occurrence of asthma and promotes easy breathing and is beneficial in controlling other respiratory ailments like bronchitis, it reduces the inflammation in the bronchial tract and improves the process of breathing. It helps in regulating the body temperature as a result controlling fever, and has potent anti-inflammatory property that reduces inflammation. It possesses the property to improve the hemoglobin level which helps to overcome anemia. In Bloating, It reduces the abdominal distention. In case of ascites, reduces inflammation in fistula. Along with this, it also helps in igniting the digestive fire which controls the digestive problems. It manages the Malabsorption syndrome which as a result improves the nutrient absorption.
- Abdominal disease
Two to three tablets four times a day, before or after meals with milk or warm water.
Take under medical prescription.