Vasant Tilak Ras
Reference: Rasendra Sara Sangraha
Vasant Tilak Ras is an herbal formulation in the form of tablet. It is used to treat respiratory and digestive disorders. This medicine should be taken under strict medical supervision as it contains heavy metal ingredients.
- Bhasma gold
- Bhasma Mica
- Bhasma iron
- Purified mercury
- Tin bhasma
- Pearl bhasma
- Coral bhasma
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)
- Sugarcane (Sachharum officinarum)
- Kasturi / Musk
- Camphor (Cinnamomum camphora)
Method of Preparation
The drugs which are mentioned apart from the ones used for decoction. Triturate them with the decoction and when it reaches the consistency of a paste, make tablets from it. These tablets are heated on a high temperature and this process is repeated 7 times. After that add musk and camphor to it.
125 mg to 250 mg twice daily after meals with honey and warm water.
- Abdominal pain
- Cardiac disorders.
- Aphrodisiac properties
- Self-medication might prove to be dangerous.
- Over dosage may lead to severe complications.
- It should be avoided during pregnancy, lactation and in kids.