COMFREY ROOT - Herbal Remedy for Whooping Cough
Botanical Name- Symphytum officinale L
Family Name-: Boraginaceae
Other Names: Comfrey, Knit-Bone., gum plant
- Muscular pain
How to use in different diseases
- For its demulcent action it has long been employed domestically in lung troubles and also for quinsy and whooping-cough.
- A strong decoction, or tea, is recommended in cases of internal hemorrhage, whether from the lungs, stomach, bowels or from bleeding piles.
- Comfrey leaves are of much value as an external remedy, both in the form of fomentations, for sprains, swellings and bruises.
- Comfrey Root is useful in chronic wounds, burns, ulcers, etc.
- A strong infusion of the leaves or roots can be used as a skin wash to relieve irritation and promote healing.
Decoction- 5 to 10ml
- Paste, ointment, tincture, decoction, poultice