ELDER BERIES - Herbal Remedy for Constipation
Botanical Name - Sambucus Nigra
Family Name - Caprifoliaceae
Other Name - Sambucus canadensis
- Respiratory Infection
- Inflamed Eyes
How to uses in different diseases
- Stembark, leaves, flowers, fruits, root extracts are used to treat bronchitis cough, upper respiratory cold infections, fever.
- The flowers may be used to make an herbal tea, which is believed as a remedy for colds and fever.
- It is useful for relief of congestion, specifically as an expectorant to relieve dry cough and make it productive.
- It is diuretic, a strong purgative and in large doses emetic. It is used in the treatment of constipation and arthritic conditions.
- The juice is said to be a good treatment for inflamed eyes.
- An ointment made from the leaves is emollient and is used in the treatment of bruises, sprains, chilblains, wounds etc.
- The dried flowers are diaphoretic, diuretic, expectorant, galactogogue and pectoral.
- An infusion is very effective in the treatment of chest complaints and is also used to bathe inflamed eye.. The infusion is also a very good spring tonic and blood cleanser.
- The flowers are used in poultices to ease pain and abate inflammation.
- The fruit is depurative, weakly diaphoretic and gently laxative.
- A tea made from the dried berries is said to be a good remedy for colic and diarrhea.
- The roots is useful for asthma.
Tea- 2 to 4gm
Ointment- Twice daily