According to Ayurveda, health is natural. Ayurveda defines the many substances and influences, both internal and external, which are beneficial and detrimental to our bodies. Ayurveda teaches that routine detoxification can be invaluable for maintaining good health during seasonal changes. Ayurveda offers solutions to help the body dispose of toxins as nature intended before they have a chance to take hold and cause disorder. When there is an excess of pitta dosha and a health problem arises, toxins usually accompany it.
Pitta is denotes heat of the body, digestion and all other activities of the body. Pitta helps in secretion from the stomach, bile from the liver, and inflammation. Pitta is sour causing body odor. It helps in energy production in the body. Due to the pitta people will easily distinguish from the right and wrong and also helps in controlling the sense properly. It main function is to maintain body transformation.
- Alochaka Pitta: Functioning of the eyes.
- Bhrajaka Pitta: Healthy glow of the skin.
- Sadhaka Pitta: Desire, drive, decisiveness, spirituality.
- Pachaka Pitta: Digestion, assimilation, metabolism for healthy nutrients and tissues.
- Ranjaka Pitta: Healthy, toxin-free blood.
Pitta Out Of Balance
- Alochaka Pitta: Blood shot eyes, poor vision.
- Bhrajaka Pitta: Skin rashes, acne.
- Sadhaka Pitta: Demanding, perfectionistic, workaholic.
- Pachaka Pitta: Acid stomach.
- Ranjaka Pitta: Early graying, anger, toxins in blood.
Characteristics Of Pitta Body Types
- Medium physique
- Sharp memory
- Enjoy challenges
- Hair is fine and straight
- Good public speaker
- Leadership quality
- Heat makes body tired
- Irritated and anger
- Skin Rashes
- Hot sensation in stomach
Physical Characteristics Of People With Pitta Doshas
- Medium height
- Prominence in vein
- Moderate muscle development
- No flat chest
- In stress quickly anger
- Average size
- Brown hair
- Intense heat in body
- Eye sunken
Psychological Characteristics Of People With Pitta Doshas
- Strong mental power
- Good understanding
- Helps in decision making
- Good memory
- Judgmental, Critical
- Ambitious, Workaholic
- Yellow or Red Eyes
- Body Odor, Acid Reflux
- Hair Loss
- Indigestion, constipation or diarrhea
- Skin rashes, sores or ulcers
- Fungi, parasites
- Bad breath and body odor
- Excessive sweating
Pitta dosha generally affects the stomach and small intestine. In Ayurveda pitta-soothing diet is very much useful for this dosha and it helps in cleansing and cooling of the body.
- Intake of juicy fruits like plums, peaches and melons is quite beneficial and also the sweets.
- Eat bitter vegetables and astringents such as kale, asparagus and collards.
Includes digestive spices to your diet that is coriander, fennel, cumin, and turmeric.
- Reduce the intake of fermented, salty, oily, hot, spicy and also the fried foods.
- Limits or eliminate the consumption of caffeine and alcohol. They both are the substances that are hot and sharp and it also affects to Pitta dosha a lot...
- Intake of fresh and cool water in large proportion in a day. It will helps the body for better hydration in order to get away from the unwanted toxins.
Ayurveda gives various tips for balancing the pitta, in order to which it will allows the body to stay cool and calm throughout the months of summer. By maintaining the regular routine, that includes sleeping before 10pm (Pitta Dosha acts high from 10pm-2am), intaking the meals in regular proportion in proper times, and oil massage with pitta massage oil daily, coconut oil or sunflower helps in balancing the body.
- Have a dip in cool water. If a natural spring, ocean or lake is not accessible, have a cool soak in a pool or your own bathtub.
- Have breaks; chant to quell the reactive emotions of high stress situations.
- Do proper meditation for reducing stress.
- Do singing for freshen up yourself from the tacky environment.
- Put yourself in pleasing company.
- Do wear cool colored clothes, such as purple or blue. For pitta, White color is very much beneficial.
- Do not pursue exercise during the heat of the day. Always plan to do exercise in the cool morning, or in the evening hours.
- Avoid your body to get exposure to fumes or the chemicals.
- Reduce the sunbathing and try to have the moon-bathing. The moon's cooling light helps in the balancing of pitta a lot.