Ayurvedic Treatment of Toothache
We can see that teeth problems most often happen to children, teenagers and older adults. A dental cavity refers to the holes in the teeth caused by the tooth decay. It usually occurs due to bacterial infection where it causes demineralization and destruction of the hard tissues in the teeth. Some of the factors which increase the risk of getting cavities include foods that cling to your teeth for a long time, frequent snacking or sipping, poor oral hygiene.
Some of the eating disorders like bulimia and anorexia can also contribute to serious dental problems due to repeated purging.
Symptoms that one can observe during teeth problems
- Tooth sensitivity
- When eating or drinking anything a mild to sharp pain is observed
- Visible holes or pits in the infected tooth and some stains of different color like brown, black or white on the teeth surface also observed.
Causative factors for teeth problems
- Aging is one of the factor
- Some hereditary factors also leads to this problem
- Poor dental hygiene
- Excessive consumption of tea and coffee
- Intake of tobacco and cigarettes
- High doses of antibiotics and climatic conditions
- Improper metabolism also leads to discoloring of teeth.
What do you understand by Toothache?
Toothache or toot pain is one which occurs due to the nerve irritation that supplies to particular tooth. It may be due to some other reasons too like decade tooth, poor feeling in cavity. Gum infection, cracked tooth, poor dental hygiene, tooth extraction etc.
You may feel toothache in many ways like it may come and go or can stay constant, may get worst at night or while eating something, it may start all of sudden and may vary from mild to severe. Sometimes it gets increases on taking hot or cold food. Likewise toothache varies as per the condition.
Symptoms of toothache
- Hot and cold sensitivity
- Pain on chewing
- Swelling around the gum or jaw
- Mild to severe pain
- Constant or on and off kind of pain
- Very sharp tooth pain which may cause headache sometimes
Causes of Toothache
- Tooth decay
- Cracked tooth
- Gum ulcers
- Sore or swollen gums
- Injury to the joint that attached jaw to the skull
- Periapical abscess (pus collection in the gums due to bacterial infection)
Ayurvedic point of view for Toothache
Toothache is known as dantshools in Ayurveda.
Vata, Pitta and Kapha are three doshas of body which are responsible for health and diseases condition of individual. These together are known as tri energies or physical energies.
Due to causative factors, Vata gets vitiated which takes its seat around the gums and teeth to present with symptoms.
Tips to maintain Healthy Teeth
- Brush your teeth after every meal and always make a habit to brush and clean your teeth before you go to bed
- Tongue should be cleaned daily
- Make use of natural tooth pastes for better results
- Make use of natural mouth wash after you brush your teeth
- Avoid chewing tobaccos
- Limit your sugar intake
Is there Ayurvedic Treatment for Toothache?
Ayurveda is a natural science of healing. It explains wonderful natural ways to maintain healthy denture. One can opt for some natural ways to maintain healthy teeth and gums. There are various herbal products available in the market for dental problems. Always chose the best and authentic one with pure extracts.
Herbal Remedies for Toothache
Planet Ayurveda offers effective herbal remedies like Gum Care Powder, Wheat Grass Powder & Garlic Capsules for ayurvedic treatment of toothache. We provides 100 percent pure and natural products. All of them are free from side effects and are safe to use. And they are formulated by MD Ayurveda doctors. All of the medicines from the house are made without the addition of chemicals or additives or preservatives in it.
Usage: It has been recommended to use Gum Care Powder daily as oral rinse and dentifrice to cleanse and refresh gums.
Dosage - Add 1 tsp. to half glass of normal water, stir well and use this for gargle. Use twice daily for better results.
Wheat grass is a kind of grass. Above ground part along with roots and rhizome are used to formulate natural supplements. It is considered as a living food. It is packed with vitamin A, C and E, Chlorophyll and many other nutrients.
Dosage - It can be taken 1 to 2 capsules twice daily after meal with plain water.
Garlic (Allium sativum) is a pungently flavored bulb which belong to onion family. It is packed with active compounds like allin and allicin which help to maintain healthy blood circulation and immune system.