Varicose veins is a common medical condition. The enlarged veins occur near the surface of the skin. They are usually found in the thighs and calf muscles. The veins become weak and the valves become under developed. This helps in abnormal regulation of the flow of blood. The symptoms of varicose veins are fatigue, pain, restlessness, throbbing, burning sensation, heaviness in the legs and bulging veins. The major reasons for such a condition are intake of birth control pills, menopause, puberty, hormonal changes during pregnancy and obesity. Genetics also play a huge role in causing varicose veins. Obesity, prolonged standing, strain, age, pregnancy are risk factors for varicose veins.
Are Varicose Veins dangerous?
Varicose veins are rarely life threatening. But when left untreated or care is not taken, these may rupture and bleed profusely. These may form phlebitis or contribute to the formation of DVT- Deep Vein Thrombosis, which can be fatal.
Symptoms of Varicose Veins
There is usually no pain in varicose veins but other symptoms you can see are -
- Twisted or bulged veins
- Blue or purple appearance of bulged veins
When there is pain, symptoms associate are -
- Discomfort in calf muscles
- A heavy feeling in your legs
- Burning feeling around the bulged veins
- Itching around the bulged veins
- Skin Ulcers near ankles which shows that you have a serious problem associated with varicose veins.
Causes of Varicose Veins
- Some people are born with weak veins which lead to varicose veins in future.
- As age passes, veins become weak and loses their elasticity therefore result in to varicose veins.
- Pregnancy also can contribute to have with varicose veins. In pregnancy, blood volume increases but flow of blood decreases from legs to pelvis. All these changes support healthy fetus growth but may present with varicose veins as complication.
- Obesity, a condition where body has extra fatty tissue may also lead to varicose veins.
- Some trauma may also cause it.
- Strain due to factors like urinary retention, chronic constipation, prostate problems etc. also contribute some times.
How to diagnose Varicose Veins?
Your doctor man examine you physically and can also ask for symptoms like burning feeling, pain, kind of pain or itching etc. You can also be asked to be done with ultrasound to see that valves in veins are functioning properly or not. Can also look for blood clot if there.
Is there Ayurvedic Treatment available for Varicose Veins?
People look for ayurvedic treatment or herbal remedies for health issue these days as they are aware of side effects of allopathic medicines. There are herbal remedies for varicose veins too in market claiming 100 percent results. Make sure you chose authentic one with pure extracts.
What are Natural Supplements for Healthy Veins?
1. Curcumin Capsules
Curcumin capsules contain standardized extract of Turmeric. The capsules act as a natural supplements in adults and people of all ages looking for a healthy lifestyle. Curcumin supports healthy cells and maintains the body as a whole.
2. Gotukola capsules
Planet Ayurveda's Gotukola capsules is an herbal supplement which is most suited for supporting healthy blood circulation. It helps maintain healthy veins and other blood vessels as well. Gotukola is a very effective health supplement for maintaining both nerves and blood vessels.
3. Triphala guggul
Planet Ayurveda's Triphala guggul tablets contain a combination of Amalaki (Emblica officianalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) and Guggul (Commiphora mukul).
The tablets are inspired from a classical ayurvedic preparation mentioned in the ancient ayurvedic texts. It is a very effective natural supplement for maintaining healthy blood vessels and also balances the three body energies which maintain homeostasis in the body.
- Curcumin Capsules - 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Gotukola Capsules - 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Triphala Guggul - 2 tablets, twice daily with plain water after meals.
Where to buy Varicose Veins Care Pack?
To buy Varicose Veins Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/varicose-veins-care-pack.html
Guidelines to maintain Healthy Veins
- Walk should be a part of daily routine. Get moving.
- Don't wear tight cloths and high heels
- Maintain a healthy weight. Eat healthy. Opt for natural diet with fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drink lot of water.
- Do not sit with crossed legs
- Do not stand for a long period
- Elevate your legs to maintain healthy blood circulation in legs. Keep your legs on pillow to raise.