Chitrakadi Vati - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Charaka Samhita Chikitsa Sthana 15/96-97
Introduction on Chitrakadi Vati
Chitrakadi Vati is Ayurvedic medicine which is available in the tablet form. It is quite good to improve the digestion power of body. Use of this medicine is very useful to treat the problems like anorexia and indigestion. This Ayurvedic medicine has the digestive and detoxifying properties. It aids in the digestion and removes the accumulated toxins in the body.
Chitrakadi Vati balances the tridoshas - vata, pitta dosha and balances kapha in body.
Ingredients of Chitrakadi Vati
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Chitraka - Plumbago zeylanica
- Pippali moola - Long pepper root - Piper longum
- Yava Kshara - Kshara of Barley - Hordeum vulgare
- Swarjika Kshara
- Sauvarchala Lavana - Sochal salt
- Saindhava Lavana - Rock salt
- Vida Lavana - Vida salt
- Samudra Lavana - Common salt,
- Audbhida Lavana
- Shunti - Ginger Rhizome - Zingiber officinalis
- Maricha - Black pepper - Piper nigrum
- Pippali - Long pepper fruit - Piper longum
- Hingu - Asa foetida - Ferula assa-foetida
- Ajamoda - Ajowan (fruit) - Trachyspermum roxburghianum
- Chavya - Java Long Pepper - Piper chaba
- Matulunga Swarasa - Lemon juice or Dadima rasa - Pomegranate juice - Quantity Sufficient.
Method of Preparation
The fine powder of above mentioned ingredient is triturated with lemon juice or pomegranate juice and a paste is prepared. Further it is rolled into tablet form, dried and preserved.
(500 mg tablet) Take one - two tablets, once or twice in a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Abdominal gas
- Diarrhea with mucus discharge.
- Over-dosage may result in the slight burning sensation in abdomen, heart burn, hyperacidity and gastritis.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in cool dry place.
Caution - People with high BP should take this medicine only under medical care, as it contains salt as ingredient.