Dry mouth situation is the result of the decrease in the flow of saliva or modifications in the salivary composition. The major causes are depression, excessive consumption of alcohol, snoring, smoking and stress. Certain medicinal therapies also eventually give rise to the dry mouth situation. This situation is medically termed as "Xerostomia".
EFFECTIVE HOME REMEDIES
Lemon juice has stimulating action on the saliva secretion. It also provides relief from the various signs and symptoms of this disorder.
- Take a lemon and cut it into two halves.
- Extract the juice of half lemon and add it to a glass of water.
- Add some amount of honey to the solution.
- Drink this solution on a regular basis.
2. ALOE VERA
Aloe Vera has protective action in preventing the condition of xerostomia
- Take an aloe vera leaf and extract the gel out of it.
- Mix the gel in a cup of water.
- Rinse the dry mouth with this juice for a couple of times regularly.
- Also, you can apply the Aloe Vera gel with a cotton swab across the mouth. Keep for a few minutes and then wash with cold water.
This helps to get rid of the dry mouth condition to a significant extent.
Ginger is highly effective in treating the condition of dry mouth. It has a stimulating action on the salivary glands and also helps in refreshing the condition ofo bad breath.
- Cut a ginger into a few pieces.
- Chew the raw pieces on a slower rate directly. Do this for a couple of times daily to enjoy the benefits.
- Consume a lot of fluid daily to prevent dehydration and dryness.
- Quit smoking.
- Gargle regularly with warm water wiith added salt in it.
- Increase the intake of food items, which are rich in the water content.
- Clean your toungue and teeth regularly.