The prostate is a gland that produces the fluid which carries sperm during ejaculation. Enlarged prostate is not usually a serious threat to a man's health. In some men, the symptoms are mild and do not require treatment. In others, symptoms can be very troublesome and have a major impact on their quality of life. Prostate enlargement is a common condition associated with ageing. Around 60% of men who are aged 50 to 60 or over have some degree of prostate enlargement.
Complications of prostate enlargement can include urinary tract infections (UTIs) or acute urinary retention (AUR) but serious complications are very rare.
Symptoms may include:
- The flow of urine is weaker and it takes longer to empty your bladder.
- Urine flow becomes dribble towards the tip of passing urine
- Frequent and urgent need to urinate.
- Prolonged time taken to initiate urination etc.
USEFUL HOME REMEDIES
- Pumpkin seeds are packed with a large number of health benefits including ones that help people with prostate enlargement. It is a rich in unsaturated fatty acids that is essential for the proper functioning of the prostate gland.
- Mix a spoon of pumpkin seeds powder in a glass of diluted milk and drink daily.
- A good way to regularly use this seed is to mix it with wheat flour and eat it in the form of chapattis
- Take 1 tbsp of triphala powder, an ayurvedic herb; Add it to 250 ml of boiling water. Boil for 20 minutes, Strain the liquid and Drink when lukewarm.
- Mix 1tsp amla powder, pinch oh turmeric powder and I tsp honey in a glass of water. Mix well and drink.
- Vegetable juices are also great for people with prostate disorders. carrots and spinach are two that are known for their immense healing effect on the prostate gland
- Avoid prolonged sitting.
- Obese people should try to cut down extra fat.
- Avoid spicy, fried and junk food items.
- Decrease the intake of alcohol, caffeine and other substances that irritates the urinary tract system.
- Physical activities must be the part of daily routine.