The deposition of calcium underneath the heel bone pulls away the plantar ascia from the heel. This situation is known as the Heel Spur. This situation is highly common in individuals with flat feet. Also, atheletes, who do a lot of jumping, jogging and running on hard surface tend to develop heel spur. Women wearing high heels are more vulnerable to heel spur to a huge extent. This condition does not show any prominent symptom as such. However, there arises too much pain in the heel at times. Inflammation and tenderness are the other characteristic feature of heel spurs.
Essential home remedies to treat heel spurs
Some of the important remedies, which help to treat heel spurs are the following:
1. Ice pack
- Application of the icepack on the affected area helps to reduce inflammation, pain and tenderness.
- It also provides a relaxing impact to the muscles and the affected heels to a huge extent.
- However, do not apply ice directly on the skin.
- his may lead to frost bite. Instead apply a freezing bottle on the feet.
2. Apple cider vinegar
- It helps to pull the excess amount of calcium from the affected area.
- It relieves swelling, inflammation to a huge extent.
- Add 1 tbsp of unfiltered apple cider vinegar and honey to warm water.
- Drink the solution two times daily.
3. Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil acts as a natural moisturizing agent.
- It softens the spur and relieves the pain.
- Massage the area with warm coconut oil.
- Leave for a few hours and get relief from the painful disorder of heel spur.
- Turmeric contains curcumin.
- This has anti-inflammatory and pain killing properties.
- Thus, regular consumption of turmeric helps to relieve the pain to a huge extent.
- Mix 1 tsp of turmeric in a cup of milk. Drink the mixture two times daily.
5. Salt water therapy
- Add some amount of salt in a bowl containing warm water.
- Mix it well
- Keep your affected area in the same solution for some time.
- Repeat this home remedy for 2 to 3 time a day.
- It helps to reduce swelling and pain as well effectively.
These are some of the essential home remedies to treat the heel spurs effectively. Besides, there are certain tips, which should be followed. Do a bit of stretching exercise daily and take proper care of the affected area. All these will provide perfect relief from the painful condition.Share with your friends: