Today's youth are very much concerned about the premature greying of hair. This happens mainly because of the lack of melanin pigment in the hair. This pigment imparts the natural color to the hair. Also, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal disturbances, pollution, smoking, some diseases like sinusitis, thyroid problems, cold, jaundice and stress lead to premature graying of hair. Genetics also plays a crucial role in premature hair graying as well.
Instead of using chemicals to make colorful strands, people generally prefer home remedies to treat the situation.
EFFECTIVE HOME REMEDIES FOR PREMATURE GRAYING OF HAIR
The major home remedies, which play a crucial role in treating premature graying of hair are given below:
- Amla or Indian gooseberry is rich in Vitamin C.
- It has anti-oxidants and anti-ageing properties.
- Mix one tbsp of amla pulp and lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on the scalp.
- Massage it gently at night.
- Wash it off in the next morning.
- This is a superb remedy, which prevents premature graying of hair to a huge extent.
- Henna is a natural hair coloring agent.
- It strengthens the hair and imparts a lustrous shine to the hair.
- It also makes the color of the hair darker.
- Take some henna leaves and boil in coconut oil until the leaves turn charred.
- Apply this oil on the hair.
- This is highly effective.
3. CURRY LEAVES
- These leaves darken the pigmentation in the hair.
- These act as the wonderful tonic for maintaining the health of the hairs.
- Take some fresh curry leaves and boil in coconut oil until becomes charred.
- Strain the oil. And massage it in the hair.
- Then, keep for approximately 30 minutes. Then, wash it off. Carry out this process once weekly.
4. ONION JUICE
- Recent studies have shown that accumulation of hydrogen peroxide on the base of the hair follicles lead to premature graying of hair.
- Onion juice is a superb home remedy for treating thinning hairs and early graying.
- Apply some amount of onion juice to the scalp.
- Massage it gently and leave for 30 minutes.
- Then wash it off. Repeat this process daily, weekly.