ALCOHOL AND DIABETES
In general, doctors usually advise a diabetic person that he can drink alcohol safely in moderation. A healthy and balanced diet is must for such people. Regular exercise is also needed to control the blood sugar. But if you are an insulin dependent, or you are taking certain oral medications for diabetes, this alcohol consumption can worsen the symptoms of this condition. Hence, you should stay on the safe side and avoid alcohol consumption.
In normal process, our liver releases the glucose to maintain the healthier blood sugar level in our body. When you drink alcohol, your liver instead of releasing glucose remains busy in breaking the alcohol down and hence releasing process of glucose gets disturbed. This can lead to decrease in blood sugar level, especially if you are drinking alcohol on an empty stomach.
Types of diabetes
In general, there are three types of diabetes (Type 1, Type 2 and Gestational diabetes) but Pre-diabetes is also a stage of diabetes, in which, blood glucose level of a person is higher than normal, but still not high enough to be considered diabetes.
The three types of diabetes are explained below:
Type 1 diabetes
Type 1 diabetes is the first type of diabetes in which pancreas produces no insulin or very low insulin. It usually occurs in people who are under the age of 20.
Type 2 diabetes
In this type of diabetes, the pancreas does not produce enough insulin or the body does not use it properly. It is more common in people who are overweight.
Gestational diabetes can occur in women during the third trimester of pregnancy and disappears after the birth of a child.
Ayurveda and diabetes
Ayurveda is one of an ancient healthcare system which helps to maintain the tridoshas of our body and thereby support the overall health of our body. The Vata (air and space), Pitta (fire and water) and Kapha (water and earth) dosha are the three doshas of the body which are considered as the energies of the body. The word Ayurveda is a combination of two words "Ayu" (means longevity) and "Veda" (means science). So Ayurveda means the "Science of life".
According to Ayurveda, aggravation of the Kapha dosha is the main cause of diabetes. Diabetes is known as "Prameha" in Ayurveda and untreated "Prameha" leads to "Madhumeha" (Type 2 diabetes)
Planet Ayurveda's Natural supplements for healthy glucose level
Planet Ayurveda provides Diabetes Care Pack for healthy blood glucose level in the body.
1. Fenugreek Capsules : Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) is an aromatic herb in the family Fabaceae and is cultivated in India, Africa, Egypt, Morocco and England as a semi arid crop. It is used to treat a variety of health problems. The parts mainly used are the brownish seeds and sometimes fresh leaves are also used by Indians as a spice.
2. Bittermelon Capsules : Bittermelon is also known as Karela in Indian literature. Karela is quiet popular diabetes supplement in Asia for its role in diabetes. Bittermelon capsules are not only helpful in controlling sugar levels but also supplement essential chromium and other microminerals needed to restore the imbalance.
3. Dia-beta Plus : It is a very unique and effective herbal product for diabetes.It contains the best herbs for diabetes which improve the functional capacity of pancreas as well as controlling blood sugar levels naturally. This product has its roots in Ayurveda-ancient herbal healthcare.
4. Madhumehantak Churna : It is a potent combination of rejuvenating herbs for diabetes used in Ayurveda since 5000 B.C. and its complications. These herbs act together in a synergistic manner and are effective in lowering the blood sugar levels naturally, without any side effecs.
- Fenugreek Capsules: 2 Capsules, twice daily after meals.
- Karela Capsules: 2 Capsules, twice daily after meals.
- Diabeta Plus Capsules: 2 Capsules twice daily after meals.
- Madhumehantak Churna: 1 - 2 teaspoon full twice daily with plain water, after meals.
Where to buy Diabetes Care Pack?
To buy Diabetes Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/diabetes-care-pack.html.
Benefits of using Planet Ayurveda's products
Planet Ayurveda provides 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian products. All the products of Planet Ayurveda are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives and hence are free from side effects. All are safe to use.