Ayurvedic Treatment of Fatty Liver
About Fatty Liver
Normally a liver contains a certain amount of fat, if the fat counts excides over 5-10% of the weight of the liver, then an individual must be suffering from "fatty liver" or steatosis. Fatty liver has accumulation of triglycerides and other fats in the liver cells characterized by enlarged and swollen liver with fat. In some of the patients, fatty liver may be accompanied by hepatic inflammation and liver cell death (steatohepatitis).
Fatty liver is a reversible condition which can be resolved with changed behavior, diet and lifestyle.
Fatty liver can be categorized as alcoholic and non-alcoholicliver disorder.
Fatty liver can exist without causing symptoms or getting worse in some people. In others, fatty liver can lead to additional health problems.
In fatty liver the Normal, healthy liver tissue becomes partly replaced with fatty tissue and the fat starts to capture the liver. This fatty infiltration decelerates down the metabolism of body fat stores, which means that the liver burns fat less efficiently, resulting in weight gain and inability to lose weight. However some people can have a fatty liver without being overweight.
Causes of Fatty Liver
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Metabolic abnormalities like glycogen storage disease.
- Increased body weight (Obesity)
- Insulin resistance (as occurs in diabetes)
- High levels of triglycerides (fat) in the blood
- Rapid loss in weight
- Genetically Inherited
- Some drugs like Corticosteroids, Tamoxifen
- Certain cancer chemotherapy drugs
Ayurvedic View for Cause of Fatty Liver
In accordance to Ayurveda, Fatty Liver disease happens due to imbalances of three types of physical energy, or doshas (vata, pitta and Kapha). The liver is regarded a fire or pitta organ, as it is essential for digestion and elimination. So the good health of liver needs to balance the pitta dosha. This will strengthen the ability of liver to flush toxins from the body. As when there is overloading of liver with toxins like alcohol or fats, it will work too hard and burn too hot. This leads to inflammation and problems throughout the body.
Signs and Symptoms of Fatty Liver
Fatty liver disease rarely causes symptoms until the liver disease is far advanced.
Excess fat can cause liver inflammation which is diagnosed only by physical examination and with inflamed liver one may have:
- Pain in the center or right upper part of the belly
- Feeling of tiredness
- Loss of weight or poor appetite
- Enlarged spleen
- Abdominal swelling (ascites)
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice)
- Skin on neck or under your arms may have dark, colored patches.
- Confusion, poor judgment, or trouble in concentration may also happen.
In case of alcoholic liver disease, one may notice that the symptoms get worse after a period of heavy drinking.
Herbal Remedies for Fatty Liver by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Fatty Liver Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of fatty liver. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Indian Echinacea - 2 capsules twice daily after meals
- Yakrit Plihantak Churna - You can boil the powder 1 teaspoonful in 400 ml water, keep it boiling until it remains 50 ml. Strain it and drink the water. Leave the residue. Do it twice daily. Make fresh every time.
- Phyllanthus Niruri - 2 capsules twice daily after meals
- Liver Detox Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily after meals
1. Echinacea capsules
The Echinacea capsules are Ayurvedic preparation of Planet Ayurveda prepared using pure extracts of Echinacea herb. This herbal formulation is very effective Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatty Liver.
- Echinacea (Andrographis paniculata): This herb is having antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties which can bring about good results in liver disease. Also improves the immune system. It can remove toxins from body through stimulation of enzymes which are responsible for secretion.
2. Yakritplihantak Churna
Yakrit Plihantak Churna (Yakrit-liver and Pliha-Spleen) is an herbal preparation which is a combination of unique herbs that help to recover liver function. It is helpful in eliminating toxins and capable to regenerate the liver cells, thus preventing the liver failure. Therefore all its actions make it a suitable Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatty Liver.
- Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri): Bhumi Amla is an efficient herb that is naturally effective in liver disease. This herb has property to remove toxins from the body, detoxifying the liver and brings down the SGOT and SGPT levels drastically within 3-4 months of regular use. It can regenerate liver cells and cures liver failure.
- Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrooa): It is very effective herbs to improve metabolism going on within the liver. It helps in eliminating excessive fat deposited in liver and is also a gall bladder cleanser.
- Makoy (Solanum nigrum): This is a wonderful herb with amazing liver healing properties. It can bring down alkaline phosphatase level in case of fatty liver. It also supports in regeneration of liver cells quickly.
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa): Punarnava is a natural herb that is effective in removing excess of fat, water from within the body. It can even revive the liver by regenerating liver cells.
- Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata): Kalmegh is another herb for liver problems, fatty liver and alcoholic liver disease. It can remove accumulated toxins from within the liver and can regenerate damaged liver cells.
- Kaasni (Cichorium intybus): Kaasni (Chicory) is divine healing herb for worst liver failure and can purify the blood.
- Sharpunkha (Tephrosia purpurea): This herb is very effective herbal remedy for the enlarged liver. It useful in regeneration of liver cells.
- Bhringraj (Eclipta prostrata): This herb is beneficial for liver diseases with amazing power to regenerate liver cells. It is also supportive in alcoholic liver disease, fatty liver, liver damage due to any other reason or excessive toxins.
3. Phyllanthus Niruri
Phyllanthus Niruri capsules are usually suggested herbal medicines to augment the function of the diseased liver. Phyllanthus Niruri capsules contain standardized herbal extract of bhumyamlaki or Bhumiamla. These Capsules serve as a good Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatty Liver.
- Bhumiamla (Phyllanthus niruri): It is a cold potency herb which has protective role in the liver and clearing the virus of hepatitis. This herb helps to protect the liver from damages of toxins like alcohol and drugs. Also effective in treating liver disorders mainly hepatitis. It is good to relieve inflammation.
4. Liver Detox Formula
Liver Detox Formula is the herbal supplement which is fit for the liver as it maintains the appropriate level of hormones because all the hormones are processed in liver. It is such a useful Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatty Liver.
These are pure natural capsules obtained from mixture of different herbs:
- Kutki (Picrorhiza kurrooa)
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa)
- Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata)
- Makoy (Solanum nigrum)
- Kaasni (Saccharum spontaneum)
- Biranjasipha (Achillea millefolium)
- Jhavuka (Tamarix gallica)
- Himsra (Capparis spinosa)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
All these herbs work together which makes this herbal formulation much suitable for cleaning and strengthening the liver. Some of its herbs are efficient in liver detoxification also which helps to revive liver cells.
To buy Fatty Liver Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/fatty-liver-care-pack.