Obesity is the disorder in which there is an excessive amount of fat deposition under the skin and around the certain organs of the body. It also increases the risk of other disease also like heart disease, diabetes and blood pressure.
In Ayurveda Obesity is known as Sthaulya. Since Ayurveda considered Sthaulya as a disease. It has also been considered as a medo roga.
In the Charaka Samitha, Charaka said the obese person will have following signs:
- Large hips
- Pendulous breast.
- Extra flesh on the checks.
- Ayurveda has been very effective over this disease.
What are the Causes of Obesity?
Explanation of the causes:
- Age: obesity can occur at any age, even in children but as age increases hormonal changes and less activity can leads to increased risk of obesity.
- Diet: Intake of unhealthy diet cause obesity. A diet that is high in calories, full of junk food, sweets, beverages and oversized portion contributes to weight gain.
- Sedentary lifestyle: If a person is having sedentary lifestyle, can easily gain, the more calories and less physical activity means not able to burn the calories which leads to obesity.
- Genetics: Genetics plays important role in how effectively someone's body convert food into energy and how the body burns calories during exercise.
- Other illness: Medical problem like Cushing syndrome, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Arthritis can lead to decrease in physical activity.
- Certain Medications: Some medicines may increase the body weight. For example, anti-depressant, anti-seizures, anti-diabetic, anti-psychotic and beta-Blocker's.
- Socioeconomic issues: If someone does not have knowledge about healthy food or not have enough money to buy healthy food then chances to have an unhealthy food increase, this will lead to increase the risk of obesity.
- Lack of sleep: Due to excess of sleep or less sleep there is a change in hormones that increase the appetite. Someone may crave for food high in calories and carbohydrates, which lead to increase weight.
According the Ayurveda the causes are as follows:
In Ayurveda the basic tissue elements that governs the body are seven in number and are called dhaatus. Out of these seven one dhaatu is meda, which is fat. If there is an excess of medas dhatu then it leads to obesity. The fat deposition takes place over the adipose tissue in the form globules, then they get accumulated over the skin and around the organs hence it leads to obesity.
What are the Symptoms of the Obesity?
- Weight gain or BMI more than 30(BMI is the excessive fat content in the body, calculated from the height and weight measurements).
- Increased sweating.
- Feeling back and joint pains.
- Get tired easily.
- It may increase the risk of high bold pressure, coronary heart disease and stroke also.
- Due to the deposition of the excessive fat in the body there will be constant pressure on the arteries and veins which leads to atherosclerosis, myocardial infection or heart attack.
- Liver and kidney disorders may happen.
- No proper blood circulation to the brain, then it will lead to stroke.
- Infertility is one of the big complication of obesity.
Obesity, it also affects psychologically. Obese person might feel themselves socially unacceptable, have low self-esteem. This brings depression in the life. The adage "A person's waistline is the lifeline "is quite true.
Herbal Remedies for Obesity (Weight Loss)
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Thinner You Pack for natural treatment of obesity. These herbal remedies are very useful for weight loss. We provides only 100% pure and natural products which are safe to use. All the products are free from chemicals and side effects.
- Guggul Capsules – 1 capsule twice daily with warm water half an hour after meals.
- Stholyantak Churna – 1 tsf, twice daily with warm water after meals. Its decoction can also be prepared by mixing 1 tsf of the powder in a glass of water and boiling it to one-fourth the quantity.
- Trim Support – 1 capsule twice daily with warm water half an hour after meals.
- Garcinia Capsules – 2 capsules twice daily with warm water half an hour after meals.
1. Guggul Capsules
It consists of Commiphora mukul (Guggul).
Benefits: It helps to increase Agni, because of the ushan virya potency of guggul, it comprises of a high capability to penetrate and its katu and tikhta rasa is very beneficial in obesity related problems.
2. Stholyantak Churna
Stholyanatak churna is a mixture of herbs Cyprus rotundus (Mustak), Haloptela, Intergrifolia (Chirbilva), Iris entata (Balbach), Acacia Arabica (Babool), Saraca Indica (Ashok), Mycrobalans (triphala), Terminalis Arjuna (Arjuna), Syzigium cumini (Jamun), Embelia ribes (Vidang), Plumbago zeyblica (Chitrak), Andrographis paniculata (Kalmegh),Cinnamomum zeylanica (Dalchini), Zingiber Officinalis (Sonth).
Benefits: Cyprus rotundus (Mustak): It is a stimulant for appetite and digestion. Acacia Arabica (Babool): It acts as an appetite suppressant and hence reduce the obesity. Saraca Indica (Ashok): It reduces kapha dosha which is the cause for the obesity according to Ayurveda. Mycrobalans (Triphala): It is helpful in body metabolisms. Terminalis Arjuna: It acts an anti-oxidant as well as a diuretic which helps to remove the toxins from the body. Syzigum Cumini (Jamun): It helps to reduce hunger, hence helpful in obesity. Embelia ribes (Vidang): It reduces the deposition of fat in the body. Andrographus paniculata (Kalmegh): It acts as a blood purifier hence removes the toxins from the body. Plumbago zeyblica (Chitrak) Opens the channels that are blocked and helps in the proper circulation of blood. It also manages the digestive disorders. Cinnamomum Zeylanica (Dalchini): It can help in reliving appetite, colic and asthma. Zingiber Officinalis (Sonth): It helps to increase the Agni, thereby helpful in burning excessive calories.
3. Trim Support
Planet Ayurveda's Trim support capsule is a mixture of herbs Garcinia cambognia (Vriskhahmal), Myrobalans (triphala), Cyperus rotundus (mustak).
Benefits: Vriskhahmal: It helps to control the appetite and thus helps in preventing obesity. It helps to reduce the accumulation of fat in the body. Mustak: It is very effective for digestive disorders. It also helps in reducing fat deposition. Triphala: It is a mixture of three herbs hartaki (Terminalis chebua), Baheda (Terminalis belerica) and Amla (Emblica Officanlis). It is helpful in digestion and helps in body metabolism.
It consists of Garcinia cambogia (Garcinia).
Benefits: It plays role in reducing weight loss without any side effects. It does not cause loosening of the skin and burn fat quickly. It accelerates the breakdown of fats and helps to evenly distribute it and remove it from the body by improving liver metabolism. It is purely a natural product, without affecting hormones.
To buy Thinner You Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/thinner-you-pack.
- One should avoid foods which are rich in carbohydrate such as potatoes, rice etc.
- One should avoid sweets and fatty food.
- Choose whole grain foods such as brown rice, oat meal and white bread.
- Avoid high fat red meat, hot dog and get protein from nuts, beans, and fish.
- Avoid Junk food and beverages.
- Low fat dairy products such as skim milk, cottage cheese and plain yoghurt.
- Along with healthy diet. One should do exercise and physical activity also.
It's not only important to avoid unhealthy food to prevent obesity, on the other hand, it's also equally important eating the right amount of food.
FAQ's on Obesity and Weight Loss
1. Can being overweight cause pregnancy problems?
Yes, of course, being overweight and obese can cause some serious health issues during pregnancy such as high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, and increase the chance of caesarian delivery. All these factors occur because overweight women have some hormonal problems which further cause pregnancy issues so you should be maintained and try to overcome Obesity.
2. What are the major health risks of Obesity?
Being obese and overweight put you at high risk of heart disorders, heart attack, chest pain, diabetes, breathing problem, gallbladder disease, high blood pressure, chronic back pain, osteoarthritis, and certain types of cancer. It also contributes to depression and lack of self-confidence.
3. How can I lose weight during pregnancy if I am overweight?
Firstly, you should know how much weight you need to lose. According to that, you should concentrate on your daily calories consumption. If you eat more than your body needs than you should cut down on calories first. Decide your food portion size and avoids food which contains high sugar and has a high glycemic index. Add some physical activates in your daily routine for at least 30 minutes. Instead of heavy exercise, it better you should opt for daily evening and morning walk.
4. What can I drink to lose weight fast?
There are numbers of drinks which helps to boost your metabolic rate such as green tea, black coffee, honey lemon drink, ginger tea, apple cider vinegar, detox water, and high protein drinks. But you should keep one thing in mind that you should take these drinks in the early morning with empty stomach.
5. How can I burn belly fat fast?
To lose belly fats fast, it's very important that you must cut all the high GI foods from your diet. Avoid foods that contain Tran's fats, and also cut sugary foods, alcohol from your diet. You should eat high protein and soluble fiber-rich diet. Do some cardio and stomach exercises for at least one hour daily. Yoga is the best way to reduce belly fat.
6. Is Apple Cider Vinegar good for losing weight?
Yes, Apple Cider Vinegar is very effective for weight loss because it contains acetic acid which lowers the blood sugar level. It improves metabolism, reduces fat storage, and also suppress your appetite. Apple Cider Vinegar also reduces the ratio of insulin to glucagon. So you should add this drink to your morning regime.
7. What is the BMI for overweight?
Body mass index for an overweight person is 25. 0-29.9kg/m2. BMI For normal individual is 18.5-24.9 kg/m2 and for obesity, it is 30.0-39.9 kg/m2.
8. Are herbal remedies effective for weight loss?
Yes, of course, all the herbal remedies are very effective for weight loss because they contain pure natural extract which has no side effect on our body. Planet Ayurveda offers "Thinner You Pack" for weight loss which includes products such as Guggul Capsules, Stholyantak Churna, Garcinia Capsules and Trim Support Capsule. Theses are100 % pure and safe to use.
9. How can I lose weight with PCOS?
You should opt for healthy dietary habits and cut all the fast foods and sugary things from your diet. For some women, it's really difficult to lose weight with PCOS due to a drastic hormonal imbalance in your body. But don't worry at all because Planet Ayurveda Anti-ovarian Cyst Pack is very effective for PCOS and it really maintains your hormonal imbalance. To lose weight fast you can also try Planet Ayurveda`s "Thinner You" Pack.
10. Does Thyroid cause weight gain?
Yes, Hypothyroidism is the condition during which your body produces the low level of Thyroid hormone due to which your metabolic rate slows down, and all fats get stored in the body. Ultimately it leads to high body weight.
11. Is there any pill to lose belly fat?
There are a number of weight loss pills in the market which claim that you can lose 10 kg weight within one week or within 10 days. You must avoid such pills because it's impossible for a person to lose 10 kg in a week. It is better you should opt for a healthy lifestyle and try some herbal products which are safe to use and have no side effects. Planet Ayurveda "Thinner You" Pack is a natural herbal method to lose weight fast.
12. Can you suggest me some diet tips to increase my metabolic rate?
Try some herbal tea, detox water and green tea in the morning with empty stomach. This will soothe your body and flush out the toxins from your body and ultimately lead to an increase in metabolic rate. You should also add plenty of proteins, fibers, omega -3 fatty acids and good vitamins in your diet this will also boost your metabolic rate.
13. What are the best foods to eat to lose belly fat?
Foods such as whole grains, brown rice, cereals, green leafy vegetables (spinach, kale, broccoli, and capsicum), yogurt, berries, avocados, and citrus fruits such as oranges, cranberries, grapes, and Amla are the best for losing weight. Add them in your daily diet.
14. Does the lack of Vitamins linked to weight gain?
Yes, deficiency of vitamins such as Vitamin D leads to gain some pounds. It's found that women with low Vitamin D level in their body are more prone to weight gain. The main sources of Vitamin D are sunrays, dairy products, cereals, beef liver, fish (tuna and salmon), soy, and orange juices etc.