SHILAJIT - SHILAJIT USES & HEALTH BENEFITS
Shilajit is nature's gift to mankind. It is an excellent natural remedy for weakness due to any reason. Shilajit is nature's best anti-aging supplement useful in preventing number of diseases. The major reason of efficacy is attributed to its richness in humic compounds, the usefulness can be felt within 5-10 days of regular use. It can also be used as a natural rejuvenator by anyone who wants to feel healthy & youthful. Shilajit is not only a preventive of many diseases but also has therapeutic values. The medicinal properties of Shilajit makes it best adaptogen, restorative, rejuvenative and 'rasayana'.
Shilajit is recommended in number of diseases. It is one of the best anti-aging natural remedy. Why we claim that we provide world's best quality Shilajit products and supplements made from Shilajit. The reason is technical knowhow. Knowledge is the only thing which is needed to ascertain which Shilajit is of best quality. We have the technical knowhow and right type of tests to ascertain that Shilajit which we are using in our Shilajit capsules is of best quality. Shilajit capsules made by us are one of the purest and a very effective Shilajit Product. We are one of the leading suppliers of Shilajit to many countries.
India is the land of Ayurveda. Ayurveda is the art and science of using herbs, minerals, and naturally produced substances to bring balance to body and mind by inculcating a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Shilajit is one of the oldest mineral resin that has been used in diet by ancient Ayurvedic practitioners for a healthy and strong body.
It is present as a bituminous substance in its natural form. The matrix is gummy and composed of organic matter.
The botanical name of Shilajit is Asphaltum.
"Mineral pitch" is the commonly referred name of Shilajit.
SANSKRIT TEXT AND SHILAJIT
Shilajit has been quoted in many ancient texts. In the ancient texts of Ayurveda it has been referred as silajatu, shilajatu, and shilajit. The Sanskrit word Shilajit stands for "Destroyer of weakness and Conqueror of mountains". This can be attributed to its predominance over mountains and its rich anti-oxidant nature that help in providing ample energy to human body.
Shilajit predominantly is found in the Himalayan terrains in India. The range runs between Arunachal Pradesh in the east to the west zone consisting of Kashmir. Shilajit resin is also found in neighboring areas of India including but not limited to Pakistan, Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, and China. It is believed that different geographical zones have Shilajit with varying physiological properties.
FORMATION OF SHILAJIT IN NATURE
The Ayurvedic texts of Susruta Samhita and Rasarangini quote that Shilajit is a vegetative derivative. It is found in exude of rocks of mountains. Rasarangini quotes that Shilajit is a gum- resin that is an exudation from the mountains. This extract comes out of the rock fissures during heat and summer months.
The resin is formed by compression of humus, other plants and organic matter over thousands of years. Micro-organisms present in soil decompose plant and animal matter slowly over a period of time and this results in formation of organic matter rich in minerals and other nutrients. This matter is known as humus. It is very rich in organic matter and is extremely beneficial to soil and other plant growth. The humus present in Shilajit consists of around 60-80% of organic mass.
It is believed that the Himalayan Mountains rises up to 1 centimeter each year. When this happened over a period of time, the slow movement resulted in a dense tropical jungle in the sea bed. So as the ground was pushed up to become mountains, the plants underneath was trapped for thousands of years. They got preserved in this way as they never came in contact with any chemical or artificial mineral products. So, the humus that formed from these was pure, organic matter with no adulteration at all. The resulting dense, viscous, organic rich matter formed was Shilajit. In the winters, the Shilajit would remain frozen in the rocks and every summer it would ooze out as a gummy resin from the cracks in the rocks.
The Himalayan mountain ranges in Asia have abundance of this resin-Shilajit. It is loaded with minerals and nutrients like fulvic acid and humic acid. These two acids are added to the soil to make it rich in minerals for a better plantation. The human dietary supplement effects of these two acids are still under study. (1)
Ayurvedic practitioners call is it the ''Destroyer of weakness''. This is not related to any health claims but owing to their general belief as stated in the Sanskrit Vedas followed by the Ayurveda. Recently, scientists have found traces of Dibenzo Alpha Pyrones in the Shilajit. This active ingredient basically acts as a strong and effective antioxidant. Therefore, it protects the nervous system including the brain and the nerves from getting damaged by free radicles. This scientifically explains why the Vedas state Shilajit as the weakness destroyer. A study done on the heart, liver, and kidney cells said that the Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) levels increased by 29% by addition of Shilajit. CoQ10 helps boost the energy and activity of these cells.(3)
To support this belief a study was done in which the participants were given a dose of 200mg Shilajit extract per day for a period of 15 days. The participants reported being more energetic and most of them had a sense of rejuvenated body functions. Energy component in their blood samples before and after a vigorous workout schedule was equivalent. This was termed "energizer bunny component" of the Shilajit. (2)
At Planet Ayurveda we strive to bring to you anything but the best. Our Shilajit capsules are a 100% natural, high-quality extract of potent Shilajit resin. It is procured from the best available trees under completely hygienic conditions. We process the manufacturing of our capsules in closed germ-free environment and package them into capsules. The processing and packaging of the Shilajit capsules is done with minimal human intervention.
WHAT ARE THE DIETARY HEALTH BENEFITS OF SHILAJIT?
Shilajit has been in use since centuries. It is very famous in the Asian countries. In India, the Vedas have references of Shilajit as used by the ancient physicians in numerous health conditions. It is said that the ancient medical practitioners believed that there is no disease that Shilajit could not cure. Although, scientific benefits of Shilajit are still under research but we at Planet Ayurveda recommend its use as a dietary supplement only. It can only act as a supplement and should not be taken in place of proper medical treatment.
A few salient features noticed and recorded over years for Shilajit benefits are:
- Shilajit is rich in anti-oxidants that our body requires to flush out toxins and for healthier body cells.
- It is rich in Fulvic acid and Humic acid. Fulvic acid transfer Dibenzo Alpha Pyrones to the interior of the cells. This is a strong anti-oxidant required in our body. Owing to its anti-oxidant properties, it is good for relieving mental and physical stress.
- Many people use it as a dietary supplement for increasing their stamina.
- It is a good dietary Ayurvedic supplement for human sexual sphere. It helps to increase stamina and vigor. Shilajit should only be taken as a dietary supplement for the sexual sphere. For any medical conditions related to sexual organs proper medical care should be taken. Please do not substitute herbal supplements for medical procedures.
- Shilajit minerals and anti-oxidants help to maintain a healthy body and a healthy mind. It is a good Ayurvedic supplement for stress and mind relaxation.
- It's anti-oxidant nature helps to rejuvenate brain cells
- There are trace minerals present in Shilajit that help in improving the body metabolism.
- The trace minerals act as co-factors that help in enzyme action.
- Trace minerals found in Shilajit natural Ayurvedic resin help to maintain body electrolytes and body fluids.
- These minerals help in conducting the nerve signals and impulses in the body
- Its active ingredients increase metabolism and help in rejuvenating cells. There is an enhancement in cell regeneration.
The capsules of Shilajit are prepared from 100% pure standardized extract of (Asphaltum). There are no fillers added to the capsule. We use no animal products in these capsules and they are completely vegetarian.
We at Planet Ayurveda try to raise the standards of quality by raising the bar of quality a notch above the others in the market offering similar products. We strive to bring to our loyal customers the best products formed under extremely hygienic conditions. We do not use chemicals, fillers, yeast, starch, or any kind of preservatives in our formulations.
HOW CAN I USE SHILAJIT DAILY?
The capsules prepared at Planet Ayurveda are completely natural and vegetarian products. They contain no wheat, dairy or other food supplements. Shilajit capsules can be consumed with plain water or warm milk as per preference. The capsule should be consumed as a whole and breaking it is not recommended.
We recommend 2 capsules daily for adults and 1 capsule a day for children.
Shilajit has no side effects on the body owing to its natural occurrence and safe preparation in our laboratories. Its regular usage for long period is considered safe. No withdrawal or habit forming symptoms have ever been reported.
Caution: Although, Shilajit has no known side effects, pregnant females and lactating mothers should consume it only under medical supervision.
HOW LONG WILL A SINGLE BOTTLE OF SHILAJIT CAPSULES LAST?
There are 60 vegetarian natural capsules per bottle of Shilajit. It is advised to consume 1-2 capsules per day. Based on personal body requirements and dosage a bottle should last anywhere from 15 to 30 days. Regular intake is recommended for best results.
To buy Shilajit Capsules, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/shilajit-capsules
STANDARD SUPPLEMENT DISCLAIMER
Pregnant or lactating women and any one under a physician's care for any health condition should consult with their physician before using any dietary supplements. This information is in no means complete, final or proceeding towards any medical studies. It is for general educational purposes only and should not be substitutes for a medical consultation.
- Agarwal SP, Khanna R, Karmarkar R, Anwer MK, Khar RK. Shilajit: a review. Phytother Res. 2007 May; 21(5):401-5.
- Pal D, Bhattacharya S. Pilot Study on the Improvement of Human Performance with ReVitalETTM as Energy Booster: Part-IV. 2006. Data on file. Natreon, Inc.
- Bhattacharyya S, Pal D, Banerjee D, et al. Shilajit dibenzo" pyrones: Mitochondria targeted antioxidants. Pharmacologyonline. 2009; 2:690-8.
- Joshi, G. C., K. C. Tiwari, N. K. Pande and G. Pande. 1994. Bryophytes, the source of the origin of Shilajit – a new hypothesis. B.M.E.B.R. 15(1-4): 106-111.
- Ghosal, S., B. Mukherjee and S. K. Bhattacharya. 1995. Ind. Journal of Indg. Med. 17(1): 1-11.
- Ghosal, S., J. P. Reddy and V. K. Lal. 1976. Shilajit I.: chemical constituents. Journ. Pharm. Sci. (USA) 65(5): 772-73.