Ayurvedic Treatment of Hair Loss
Only your facial features do not tell about you but your hair reveals too about your personality. Stay young forever is dream of every person and we can't stop the flow of time. In human body hair are not only important part of body though hair are very essential for a beautiful physical appearance. But various factors genetic, environmental and nutritional factors are responsible for the damage of hair. Hair loss, graying of hair and wrinkles on skin are the major signs of growing age. Hair loss is common problem seen these days.
Hair is very simple in structure made up of keratin protein. Normally our hair grows half inch every month. Body hair gives warmth to body, nostril hair protects our immune system from dirty particles and hair of eyebrow and eyelashes protect us from dirt, rain and sweat. Hair follicle contains nerve receptor with in skin and this property of hair provides us sensory awareness.
Hair growth cycle has following three phases:-
- Growth phase (Anagen phase)
- Transitional phase (Catagen phase)
- Resting phase (Telogen phase)
About Hair Loss
Hair loss is sudden shedding of hair. "ALOPECIA" is term used for hair loss. It is immune system related disorder. Hair loss is not a big issue because it is recovered by new hair growth. But abnormal hair loss is problem. It is just because of the shrinking of hair follicles present at hair roots. So many causes are responsible for the shedding of hair at early age. We normally lost 50-100 hair daily.
Causes of Hair Loss
Common causes may include:-
- Scalp infections
- Major surgery
- Hormonal problems
- Excess intake of antidepressant medicines
- After pregnancy
- Diseases like diabetes and lupus
- Growing age
- Poisoning of heavy metals
- Chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Fungal infections
Symptoms of Hair Loss
The symptoms of hair loss may include:-
- Lesions of skin
- Hair loss in patches
- Excessive hair fall daily
Types of Hair Loss
- Male and female pattern baldness - Each stand of hair sits in a tiny cavity. Hair follicle shrinks over time and result in short and thin hair. This is mainly due to aging and changed levels of androgen.
- Alopecia areata - Alopecia areata is an auto-immune disorder in which loss of hair is from some or whole parts of body. Problem spread to entire scalp and enter to entire epidermis.
- Cicatricial alopecia - It is also called scarring alopecia. In this type of disorder hair follicle is destroyed and replaced by a scar tissue. Hair loss is permanent in this type of alopecia.
- Anagen effluvium - It is pathological loss of anagen. It arises during the anagen phase of cycle. Main cause of anagen effluvium is repeated radiation and chemical therapies.
- Telogen effluvium - This type of hair loss is characterized by thinning and shedding of hair resulting from the early entry of hair in the resting phase of hair (telogen phase)
Ayurvedic term used for hair loss is "KHALITYA". Pitta dosha is main reason to cause hair loss and graying of hair. People who have excess of pitta dosha in their body are more prone to these diseases.
Herbal Remedies for Hair Loss by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Hair Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of hair loss. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
DOSAGE / USAGE
- Go Richh Protein Shampoo - Apply appropriate quantity of this shampoo to wet hair & scalp. Massage in circular motion & rinse well.
- Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula - 2 capsules twice daily, with water.
- Hair Growth Formula - 2 capsules twice daily, with water.
- Go Richh Hair Conditioner - After shampooing, gently apply along the length of wet hair from base to tip. Leave it for two minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
- Go Richh Hair Oil - Apply hair oil every night. You can gently massage the scalp taking around 5-10 ml of oil.
1. GO RICHH HAIR SHAMPOO
Go Richh Hair shampoo is an effective hair cleanser which cleans the scalp sans drying out. It removes frizz and gives life to dull and lifeless hair. This product has no harmful chemicals and as a result prevents hair loss.
2. RADIANT SKIN HAIR NAILS FORMULA
This herbal supplement of Planet Ayurveda is not only for beautiful skin but also fights with various hair problems and nails related problems.
Herbs used in this herbal remedy are:-
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia)
- Pitt papda (Fumaria officinalis)
- Chiretta (Swertia chirata)
- Ghrit kumari (Aloe barbadensis)
It helps to clear wrinkles and toxins from the body. It is best anti-aging formula rich in free radicals. This supplement cures acne, dark circles, black spots and pimples. Rich anti-oxidant and purifies blood. Give nourishment to thin nails. Also help to cure various skin disorders like psoriasis, impetigo and ringworm.
3. HAIR GROWTH FORMULA
Hair growth formula is wonderful supplement of herbs to treat the hair loss.
This supplement is best combination of following herbs:-
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri)
- Bhringraj (Eclipta alba)
- Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri)
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
- Yashtimadhu (Glycrrhiza glabra)
- Amalki (Embllica offinale)
This hair growth formula nourishes hair and regenerate hair growth. It helps to control DHT and testosterone level. This herbal supplement nourishes our hair and skin by boosting hepatic and renal system. It also gives strength to our hair and gives a good texture.
4. GO RICHH HAIR CONDITIONER
Go Richh Conditioner gives soft and bouncy hair with its natural ingredients. A small amount provides a smooth sheen to the hair giving it a healthy appearance. It works best if used after Go Richh Hair Shampoo.
5. GO RICHH HAIR OIL
Ayurvedic herbs used in this supplement include:-
- Bhringraj (Eclipta alba)
- Amalaki (Emblica offinalis)
- Vibthaki (Terminalia bellerica)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri)
This herbal supplement is beneficial for both male and female. Go rich hair oil penetrate the scalp and provides nourishment to hair, clears the dirty particles. It protects the scalp from dandruff, protect hair roots and prevent hair from fungal infections. Split end in female is most seen and this herbal product is used to cure split ends. 100% natural oil works on our hairs without disturbing our body's hormonal mechanism.
To buy Hair Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/hair-care-pack.html.
Hair Loss FAQ's
1. What causes Hair Loss?
Hormonal imbalance, hereditary, thyroid, alopecia, chemotherapy and certain medications all these factors are associated with Hair Loss. In the hereditary factor, both men and women can be affected. But typically men are more susceptible to hereditary hair loss due to testosterone hormone, because when testosterone breaks down to dihydrotestosterone it acts as a catalyst to activate the gene responsible for hair loss.
2. Do certain hairstyles cause Hair Loss?
Yes, tight hairstyles such as a tight ponytail, extensions, braiding, and other hairstyles which place excessive tension on the scalp can lead to Traction Alopecia condition. Most the people are susceptible to this due to weak and sensitive hair follicles. So you avoid such hairstyles if you have hair fall problem.
3. I have just started to bald. How much hair will I lose?
Dear, no one can make such a prediction, because for every person expression of genetic makeup is unpredictable. Usually, if you start to notice baldness before 20, the more baldness you can expect to have. Even after studying your family tree no one can make a proper prediction about your baldness.
4. Are herbal remedies effective for Hair Loss?
Yes, herbal product shows some great effect on Hair Loss. Planet Ayurveda offers herbal products such as Go Richh hair Shampoo, Go Richh hair Conditioner, Go Richh Hair Oil, and Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula. These are made from100% pure extract of natural herbs and have no side effects on your body.
5. On an average, I am losing about 80 hairs per day? Is it worth worrying?
Loss of hair up to 50 per day is considered as normal so yeah you need to worry and you should take some herbal treatment for hair fall. Avoid using the harmful chemical based product they may further cause more Hair Loss.
6. Is PCOS and Thyroid can cause Hair Loss?
Yes, both PCOS and thyroid are hormonal imbalance disorder. PCOS can cause hyperandrogenism and if your hair is sensitive to it then it will lead to Hair Loss. Alopecia Areata is an autoimmune disease which leads to hair loss that occurs in people who have autoimmune thyroid disease.
7. Is Hair Fall and Baldness as same?
No, it's not, Baldness is the condition where your hair is a loss from hair root and there is no possibility of hair growth again. But in the case of normal hair loss by using some herbal remedies and products, your hair will grow again.
8. Can stress lead to Hair Loss?
Yes, stress is one of the main reasons for Hair Loss because it can trigger some immunological or endocrinal changes which may lead to Alopecia. It's not a single factor which leads to Hair Loss. Hereditary factor, thyroid, PCOS and some hormonal changes may also be the reasons for Hair Loss.
9. When do I start seeing improvement after starting Ayurvedic medicines?
Most the people start observing improvement within one month. The entire treatment may go on for about four to eight months, but mainly it depends on the condition of your hairs.
10. Can Ayurvedic medicine cure baldness?
Yes, of course, Ayurvedic medicine can cure baldness problem. All the herbal products such as planet Ayurveda GO Rich Hair Conditioner, Shampoo and Oil are purely natural products and have a great effect on baldness and also control further hair loss.
11. Is my lifestyle play role in Hair Loss?
Yes, bad eating habits and sleep disorder can cause Hair Loss problem. Your daily dietary habits such as fast foods, and excessive alcohol consumption, may also lead to Hair Loss problem because diet lacking essential nutrients such as iron and proteins will effect on your hair growth because this nutrient helps the follicles to grow hair.
12. Can you suggest me some diet tips for hair growth?
You can add eggs, dairy products, fish like salmon, herring, mackerel, walnuts, sweet potato, seeds (flaxseeds, chia seeds) amla and green leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale etc in your diet. Amla helps to stimulate hair growth and produce collagen protein. Collagen replaces the dead cells of hair follicles and replaces with a new one.
13. Is there any side effects of artificial hair straightening on my hair follicles?
Yes of course. Hair Fall is the most common side effect of hair straightening. The excessive use of harsh chemical and heat makes the hair follicles weak and after few months your hair strands lose their natural strength and start breaking. Along with hair fall, you might feel some burning sensation and itching near your eyes.
14. Which vitamin deficiency causes Hair Loss?
Vitamin D deficiency is one of the main causes of Hair Loss. Vitamin D stimulates the hair follicles to grow. So when the body does not have enough Vitamin D, the new hair growth can be stunted and your hairs start falling.
15. How can I stop Hair Loss and re-grow hair naturally?
By adopting home remedies like coconut oil, raw aloe vera gel, amla on your scalp and gently massage for 5-10 minutes. Leave it for one hour and after that wash your hair with Go Rich Hair Shampoo and Conditioner. It will help to promote hair growth and stop hair loss.