An individual suffering from Anemia means his/her blood is not able to carry the enough oxygen to the rest of body. The oxygen is carried by the hemoglobin, which is an iron-rich protein present in blood and gives red color to the blood. Furthermore, iron is required for the production of hemoglobin. Anemia has three main causes: blood loss, lack of red blood cell production, and high rates of red blood cell destruction.
What are Symptoms of Anemia?
- Pale skin
- Chest pain
- Chest pain
- Cold extremities
- Irregular heart beat
What are Causes for Anemia?
Anemia takes place when your blood doesn't have enough red blood cells, this may happen due to:-
- When your own body destroys red blood cells
- When body is not able to produce red blood cells or
- Bleeding takes place and there is huge loss of red blood cells
What are the Different Types of Anemia?
The most common types of anemia are:-
- Iron-deficiency anemia: As discussed earlier, it happens due to deficiency of iron. The iron deficiency occurs due to blood loss or due to poor absorption of iron and poor diet. Gastric bypass surgery has also shown the anemia in many cases.
- Vitamin deficiency anemia: Poor dietary intake, in which low levels of vitamin B12 (folate) is found causes anemia. There is another condition, known as Pernicious anemia, in which B12 is not observed in gastrointestinal tract, causes anemia.
- Hemolytic anemia: In this condition red blood cells are broken in the bloodstream or in spleen, due to leaky heart valves, infections, autoimmune disorder, and congenital abnormalities.
- Sickle cell anemia: It is an inherited hemolytic anemia, in which red blood cells become sickle in shape leading to rigidity, clogging in circulation.
- Aplastic anemia: It is a rare type of anemia, in which low level of blood cells are produced. Common causes are viral infections, autoimmune disease or exposure to toxic chemicals etc.
- Pregnancy related anemia: During pregnancy, blood is produced at larger level to support the growth of baby and body of mother. The anemic conditions arises due to the lack of iron or related nutrients in diet.
- There are other factors, which can induce the anemia, for example dysfunction in kidney, in which hormone 'erythropoietin' is not produced enough. The hormone erythropoietin initiates signal to bone marrow to produce new red blood cells. The chemotherapy is used for the treatment of cancer, but continued exposer of the body to this therapy has led impairment in the production new red blood cells, which causes anemia.
Who is on the Risk?
Persons, who may lead to anemia are having poor diet, intestinal disorder, chronic diseases and infections. The chronic medical conditions and pregnant or menstrual woman are mostly at the risk of anemia. The risk of anemia has been also observed in athletes such as jogging/basketball due to red blood cells breakdown.
Other conditions which could lead into anemia are:-
- Heavy periods
- Colon polyps or colon ulcers
- Inherited diseases
- A diet deficient in iron, folic acids and vitamin B12
- Blood diseases such as sickle cell anemia, thalassemia or cancer
- Metabolic disorder
What are Tests and Diagnosis for Anemia?
- Doctor can check your eyes, eyelid, nails and skin color
- He can do abdominal examination to feel size of liver and spleen
- He can also check your heart beat
Complete blood count
Blood sample can be taken to study hb level in red blood cells, normal hb is 14 to 16 gms for men and 12 to 16 gms in females.
Tests can be performed to determine size and shape of red blood cell.
Herbal Remedies for Anemia by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offer best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Anemia Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of Anemia. Our Anemia Care Pack helps to prevent Hemoglobin and oxygen deficiency to the body cells by building up sufficient red blood cells and increasing their affinity to hemoglobin molecules. The regular consumption of Anemia Care Pack helps you increase stamina, endurance, and agility.
- Chandraprabha Vati - 2 tablets, twice daily, with plain water, after meals.
- Punarnava Mandoor - 2 tablets, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Wheat Grass Powder - 1 teaspoonful, twice daily, mixed in a glass of water.
- Aarogyavardhini Vati - 2 Tablets, twice daily, with plain water, after meals.
1. Chanderprabha vati
It is a classical ayurvedic formulation for weakness due to vata disorders and general debilities. It is enriched with Loh Bhasma and Shilajit along with many vata pacifying herbs. It is very effective in treating anaemia. Chanderprabha vati is 100% natural tablet without any preservatives or chemicals. It is available in pack of 120 tablets.
2. Punarnava Mandoor
Punarnava is a wonderful Ayurvedic remedy with diuretic It is an excellent kidney and heart tonic. This medicine is useful in maintaining the health of the skin. These capsules can clear excess Kapha from the stomach and chest. They act as a rejuvenator and can be used in treating impaired urinary conditions. They are very useful in the reduction of excess body fluids, congestion and edema due to excess Kapha. Punarnava has properties to clear toxins from the blood and increase red blood cells in the body. The haemoglobin content increases and oxygen carrying capacity increases. They are useful in treating swollen joints due to fluid retention caused by imbalance in Kapha. This herbal medicine is useful in eliminating toxins accumulated in the joints through kidneys and urine. It is effective in the treatment of arthritis and gout. It is helpful in the breakdown of the 'fibrin', a blood clotting protein. Punarnava mandoor is very effective in treating anaemia. Punarnava mandoor is 100% natural tablet without any preservatives or chemicals. It is available in pack of 120 tablets.
3. Wheat Grass powder
Planet Ayurveda Wheat Grass powder is made from organic fresh small leaves of baby wheat plants. It helps to detoxify Liver, Improves digestion, balances body pH, restores alkalinity, boosts formation of Red Blood cells and treats Anaemia.
4. Aarogyavardhini Vati
An Ancient Ayurvedic formulation that has been useful for the Liver and especially for cases of Fatty liver and Jaundice. It is useful in clearing accumulated bile. It is enriched with kutki a herb which is excellent liver cleanser. Arogayavardhini vati is 100% natural tablet without any preservatives or chemicals. It is available in pack of 120 tablets.
Where to buy Anemia Care Pack?
To buy Anemia Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/anemia-care-pack.html
FAQ's on Anemia
1. Does diet make a difference for people with Anemia?
Yes, bad dietary habits can be one of the reasons for Anemia. People on a limited diet and those who are taking overcooked foods and fewer amounts of green leafy vegetables can become folic acid deficient which is the main reason for Anemia.
2. Is Anemia curable?
Yes, Anemia is curable. It mainly depends upon the type of Anemia you have. Iron and folic acid deficiency are one of the main reasons for Anemia. These types of Anemia are treatable with iron-rich diet and you can also try some herbal products such as Chanderprabha Vati, Punarnava Mandoor, and Arogyavardhini Vati tablets.
3. What are the symptoms of iron deficiency?
Symptoms may vary from person to person and it mainly depends upon the level of hemoglobin. Weakness, fatigue, headache, a tingling sensation in legs, irregular heartbeats, pale skin, and dizziness these are some common symptoms of iron deficiency in your body.
4. Is Anemia chronic?
Yes, it may lead to some chronic symptoms if it persists for more than six-month or even longer. Less than six-month it may be considered in acute form only. In the chronic phase, you must need medical treatments.
5. Are meat and poultry products good for an Anemic person?
Yes, meat and poultry products are a rich source of Heme iron. Eating meat and poultry products can increase the iron absorption in your body. Along with this green leafy vegetables are also a rich source of iron.
6. If I have Anemia during pregnancy, is there a risk of passing it to my children?
In severe anemia condition, pregnant women may feel tiredness and it weakens the immune system and make her more prone to infections. Anemia also increases the risk of low baby birth weight. And there are some cases where it can pass to their babies also.
7. Can you suggest iron-rich food for vegetarian people?
Yeah sure, you can opt for rice, cereals, lima beans, peas, broccoli, turnip greens, nuts seeds, dried fruits, spinach, and lentil. You can also take fruits such as oranges, tomatoes, berries, and kiwi because they contain a high amount of vitamin C, which helps you in more absorption of iron in your body.
8. Should I eat soy proteins?
No, soy is not good for you because non-fermented soy is rich in phytic acid, which prevents iron and other nutrient absorption in your body. So it is better you should avoid it.
9. Are Herbal Remedies are effective for Anemia?
Yes, all the herbal products are very effective for Anemia. You can opt for Planet Ayurveda Chanderprabha Vati, Punarnava Mandoor, Wheat Grass Powder, and Arogyavardhini Vati tablets. These are free from any preservative and harmful chemicals and have no side effects.
10. I am an alcoholic and addicted to it but I am an Anemic too. How can I get rid of Anemia in such situation?
Alcohol is not good for the Anemic person at all because it blocks the absorption of iron in your body. So you should avoid it but if you can't do then you should drink before 1-2 hours of your meal when all the iron content will be absorbed in your body. But its better you should reduce alcohol consumption. You can drink it on alternate days.
11. What's the main cause behind Anemia?
Not eating enough iron-rich foods, blood loss due to heavy menstrual flow, gastrointestinal bleeding, peptic ulcer and trouble absorbing iron in your body. These are the main reason behind Anemia. To overcome this better opt for iron rich food and it's important to understand how to prepare iron-rich foods to make sure you absorb them easily in your body. Pregnancy can also cause this condition.
12. What are the complications of Anemia?
Hemoglobin is the main factor which carries oxygen to all the organs of your body. In an Anemic person, the content of hemoglobin is very low which will ultimately reduce the oxygen level in your tissues or body organs. This will lead to a condition such as hypoxia. Due to the low oxygen level, your heart pumps more blood to compensate it and this can lead to heart failure.
13. I have been suffering from Anemia since 5 years and have tried many supplements and medicines but I get no improvement so can you suggest me some herbal remedies for Anemia?
Yeah sure, it's better you should opt for herbal remedies because they have no side effects. You should try Planet Ayurveda Anemia Care Pack which includes Wheat Grass Powder, Chanderprabha Vati, Punarnava Mandoor, and Arogyavardhini Vati tablets. It's really effective for Anemia patients.
14. Will changing my diet help correct my iron deficiency?
Yes if you are Anemic due to iron deficiency then by adding some iron-rich food such as tofu, beans, lentils, cashews, and dark green leafy vegetables in your diet you can overcome the iron deficiency in your body. Vitamin B12 is found in animal products such as poultry, meat, eggs, and milk.
15. What are the main symptoms of Anemia?
- Your skin looks pale and yellow.
- Muscles feel weak.
- Feel dizzy.
- You have lost weight.
- Your heartbeat is too fast.