In modern world the health complications are increasing day by day. Joint problem is one of the most common problems during these days. This problem is due to various factors like change in lifestyle, irregular eating habits, over exertion, physical and mental stress.
WHAT IS OSTEOARTHRITIS?
It is most common form of arthritis which can damage any joint in body. It affects joints of knees, hands, hips and spine. It mainly affects cartilage. Cartilage is the slippery tissue that covers the ends of bones in joint. In osteoarthritis, top layer of cartilage is broken down and wears away. This allows bones under cartilage rub together. It causes pain and swelling in joint which causes difficulty in movement.
According to Ayurveda, it is known as Sandhivata (Sandhi means the joint and vata stands for vata dosha). Osteoarthritis occurs due to aggravation of vata dosha, accumulation of vata in weaker parts of body and causes joint pain. Sandhivata is the condition where activities of vata are increased inside joints because vata is dry in nature, it absorbs fluids from cartilage of joint.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF OSTEOARTHRITIS?
- Pain in joints while movement.
- Loss of flexibility.
- Crepitation sound in the joints.
- Stiffness in joints after a rest period.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF OSTEOARTHRITIS?
Some causes that might lead to it include:
- Joint injury
- Genetic defect
- Gradual deterioration of cartilage
It is degenerative disease that becomes worse with time. Joint pain and stiffness become severe which makes daily tasks difficult.
HOW IS OSTEOARHTRITIS DIAGNOSED?
Osteoarthritis may be diagnosed by physical examination, imaging examination and blood tests which are as following:
- Physical examination - It helps to diagnose the affected joint that may include swelling, redness and tenderness.
- Imaging examination - It helps to diagnose the injury in joint. It may include X-Ray, MRI.
- Joint fluid analysis - Fluid is withdrawn from affected joint with the help of needle. It helps to detect inflammation or any infection that may cause pain.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR OSTEOARTHRITIS BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Joint Support Pack for ayurvedic treatment of osteoarthritis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Bone Support - 1 Capsule twice daily with lukewarm water, after meals.
- Boswellia Curcumin - 1 Capsule twice daily with lukewarm water, after meals.
- Yograj Guggul - 2 Tablets twice daily with lukewarm water, after meals.
- Coral Calcium Complex - 1 Capsule twice daily with lukewarm water, after meals.
1. BONE SUPPORT
This is an herbal product by planet ayurveda which is mixture of different natural compounds. These are explained below:
- Shudh Laksha - It is also known as Iaccifer lacca. It is helpful in removing toxins from bone tissues. It is highly rich calcium compound.
- Suhanjana Beej - It is also known as Moringa oliefera. It is a rich source of natural calcium which is need of bones that keep them strong and healthy. It is proven good for many bone disorders.
- Hadjod - It is wonderful ayurvedic herb called Cissus quadrangularis which is very useful in various bone diseases. It contains large amount of calcium which helps in various diseases like osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, low bone density, bone cancer etc.
- Arjun - Scientifically it is known as Termanalia arjuna. According to ayurveda arjun is natural source of calcium and is useful in bone strengthening.
- Praval Pisti - It is also known as Corrallium rubrum. It is ayurvedic medicine known as nature's coral. It helps in balancing pitta and kapha. It is useful in many bone related problems because it is good source of calcium. It is also a very good immune modulator.
- Mukta - It is pearl calcium compound. It is natural source of calcium which makes bones healthy.
- It provides natural calcium to bones.
- It is recommended in various diseases like osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and disease of bones.
2. BOSWELLIA CURCUMIN
It is a capsule formulation by planet ayurveda using the standardised extract of Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and Curcumin (Curcuma longa). These have the property of being anti-inflammatory and analgesic in nature. Boswellia Curcumin helps to reduce the swelling in joints, morning stiffness thus increasing mobility. Curcumin helps to balance the tridoshas and hence helping in immune modulations. Boswellia helps to improve the structure of cartilage thus increases the blood supply to tissues.
3. YOGRAJ GUGGUL
Yograj Guggul are ayurvedic tablets containing a combination of various herbs consisting of Pippali (Piper longum), Kulanjan (Alpinia galanga), Bibhtaki (Terminalia bellirica) and many more. It helps to pacify the doshas in joints, muscles and in nerves. Yograj Guggul helps to improve the immunity so it acts as an antioxidant. It helps to eliminate the various toxins and waste products from the body thus regulating the metabolism of the body.
4. CORAL CALCIUM COMPLEX
It is a satisfactory product of planet Ayurveda which is mixture of different compounds. These are explained below:
- Praval pishti (Coral): Praval means coral in English. It is derived from red coral roots which are good source of calcium. It helps in the formation of strong bones and it is very effective in treatment of osteoporosis.
- Akik pishti: It is made from gemstone agate which is rich source of calcium. It has positive results in osteoporosis.
- Jahar Mohra Pishti: It has cooling properties. It is the important element in coral calcium complex. It is also rich in calcium.
- Kamdhudha Ras: It is helpful in relieving pitta dosha from body. Pitta dosha is also responsible for increased acidity in the body which causes demineralization of bones. Kamdhudha Ras neutralizes acidity and is a rich source of calcium also.
- Mukta Pishti (Pearl): Mukta means Pearl and pishti means powder. The best pearls are made to powder and mixed with rose water to enhance their cooling properties. This powder or paste is formed after one month which is called Mukta Pishti. It also helps to remove toxins from body. It is rich source of calcium which is helpful in various bone related disorders like osteoporosis.
- Giloy Satya (Guduchi): It is natural herb which enhances immunity in a natural way. It is best herb to maintain homeostasis and prevent diseases.
- It provides overall health of body.
- It provides natural calcium to body which is helpful in many bone related problems like osteoporosis.
- It improves bone strength.
To buy Joint Support Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/joint-support-pack.
- Antioxidants rich food should be taken like grapes, onions, raspberries, citrus fruits.
- Vitamin D rich food should be consumed.
- Spices like ginger and garlic should be included in diet.
- Avoid use of alcohol.
- Avoid use of caffeine.
- Don't eat fast food.
- Avoid high fat diet.